How Do You Lock Up Your Bike?

PB Forum :: Scams & Stolen Bikes
How Do You Lock Up Your Bike?
Previous Page |
Posted: Jul 12, 2008 at 17:00 Quote
I'm just wondering what some methods are that you could use to lock up your bike and what types of locks you use.

Posted: Jul 12, 2008 at 17:04 Quote
usually two combo locks, i also release the quick release on the back and pull the tire out a bit if i think i need too, that way if they try riding away it buys me some time

Posted: Jul 12, 2008 at 17:10 Quote
ratherbeoutriding wrote:
usually two combo locks, i also release the quick release on the back and pull the tire out a bit if i think i need too, that way if they try riding away it buys me some time

Where woulyou attach the second lock?

Posted: Jul 12, 2008 at 17:21 Quote
i lock mine in my shed over night. crime rates aren't too bad in my neighborhood. when i'm out riding i use a regular cable lock. for my dirt bike i use a heavy grade chain and a thick mastercraft pad lock though.

Posted: Jul 13, 2008 at 3:50 Quote
shed over night so its insured and dotn leave it unnatended during the day.

Posted: Jul 13, 2008 at 4:05 Quote
In my garage Razz

When its out during the day it neve gets left on its own Attention

If my or my mates need to go into a shop we make sure one ALWAYS keeps a look out for the bikes

Posted: Jul 13, 2008 at 4:12 Quote
Gaz6R4 wrote:
In my garage Razz

If my or my mates need to go into a shop we make sure one ALWAYS keeps a look out for the bikes

same. the only time i leave it unnatended is when its at a skate park or somehwere with loads of bikers.

Posted: Jul 13, 2008 at 4:13 Quote
jamiejamiejam wrote:
Gaz6R4 wrote:
In my garage Razz

same. the only time i leave it unnatended is when its at a skate park or somehwere with loads of bikers.

I don't even trust other bikers usually

You never know who is goin around

Posted: Jul 13, 2008 at 4:14 Quote
WITH A BIKE LOCK

Posted: Jul 13, 2008 at 4:15 Quote
Gaz6R4 wrote:
jamiejamiejam wrote:
Gaz6R4 wrote:
In my garage Razz

i meant as in a bike park where people always have ebtter bikes than me and wouldnt bother stealing them lol. even then i keep an eye on it.

Posted: Jul 13, 2008 at 4:16 Quote
SpikeX wrote:
WITH A BIKE LOCK

caps! and theres always one

Posted: Jul 13, 2008 at 4:19 Quote
jamiejamiejam wrote:
Gaz6R4 wrote:
jamiejamiejam wrote:

i meant as in a bike park where people always have ebtter bikes than me and wouldnt bother stealing them lol. even then i keep an eye on it.

All th bikers at my skate park are all noobs on BMXs so i don't trust them.... No offence to BMXers

Posted: Jul 13, 2008 at 4:36 Quote

I took this pic at the tmobile contest a while in germany. this dude takes security seriously.
I don't ever lock my bike because it's never out of my sight.

Posted: Jul 13, 2008 at 4:43 Quote
if ur chains small go through the tyre and the forks and onto the object

Posted: Jul 13, 2008 at 8:11 Quote
safeer wrote:
if ur chains small go through the tyre and the forks and onto the object
wheel's are removable. your best bet is to put the cable through the front wheel and frame, then around the object.

Previous Page |

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.018637
Mobile Version of Website