How Do You Lock Up Your Bike?

PB Forum :: Scams & Stolen Bikes
How Do You Lock Up Your Bike?
| Next Page
Posted: Oct 8, 2011 at 16:58 Quote
always use my trusty kryptonite evolution. weighs a tonne and has that offset lock mechanism so i have confidence in it. i lock my bike up in the bike theft capital of sydney and its still with me (mind you everything is bolted to the bike, no qr, so opportunist thieves are outta luck)

Posted: Oct 17, 2011 at 17:51 Quote
Anybody here thought about using an alarmed lock to protect your bike? Something like this? I just ordered one, might help keep a*sholes away from my bike.

Posted: Oct 17, 2011 at 17:58 Quote
elementwingz wrote:
Anybody here thought about using an alarmed lock to protect your bike? Something like this? I just ordered one, might help keep a*sholes away from my bike.

I have one of them disc locks for my motorcycle... always wondered how much of a nudge it'd take to set it off if I had it on my mountain bike...

Posted: Oct 17, 2011 at 19:06 Quote
Thats where i got my idea from. One a*shole decides to flip my bike upside down so maybe this will be more of a warning. Dont know how sensitive it could be though.

Posted: May 5, 2016 at 17:26 Quote
Check out this video from TMZ. Awesome stuff! lol

Posted: Aug 6, 2018 at 6:56 Quote
One wise guy said that all bikes and locks should weigh 50 pounds to be safe. The lighter and more expensive the bike the heavier and more robust the locks.

Posted: Mar 18, 2019 at 17:28 Quote
Hi, I want to bike to school. I have seen lots of comments on how to lock up your bike. From what I've seen u need to lock it up to something secure with multiple locks going through the wheels, frame, and fork. Does anyone have any other tips. Thanks

Posted: Mar 27, 2019 at 13:27 Quote
Domacan wrote:
Hi, I want to bike to school. I have seen lots of comments on how to lock up your bike. From what I've seen u need to lock it up to something secure with multiple locks going through the wheels, frame, and fork. Does anyone have any other tips. Thanks

If your bike is worth more than a couple hundred bucks don't leave it unattended. Even if you lock it well it, or parts from it, can/will go missing.

5 minutes with an allen key or two could be just as bad as the whole bike disappearing. Too many shitty people in the world.

| Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.018481
Mobile Version of Website