The Chumba thread!

PB Forum :: Post Your Ride
The Chumba thread!
Posted: Jan 26, 2011 at 14:27 Quote
ouch
maybe
id see if you could test it with your friends but if it would work then you would probably need a lower profile chainstay guard

Posted: Jan 26, 2011 at 14:36 Quote
im considering a bash ring eventhough i hate them with a passion but i heated up the chainring and its back in shape now though Smile

Posted: Jan 28, 2011 at 11:21 Quote
I run a 40T but have an MRP, have clipped the lower roler a couple of times but other than that it's been fine

Posted: Apr 25, 2011 at 20:42 Quote
mrpercussive wrote:
D-ponko wrote:
I heard Chumba's SPonsorship program is pretty good. And has anyone seen a broken F5 Frame?

yupp... the boys at Chumba defintiely know how to make you feel taken cared of... Walter and Darren took my bike back with them when i crashed and broke my clavicle 6 weeks ago... They've worked on it, rebuilt the fork, etc... Those guys are awesome...

And no, i've never seen one break. Chumba has a record of very low failures... You're not goign to break one... trust me...

I havent heard such good things about the frames, and I own a vf2 and an F5 and i broke both of the rear triangles

Posted: May 2, 2011 at 14:25 Quote
does anyone know if the smaller dog bone for the f5 shortens the travil or just slackens and lowers the bike?
cheers

Posted: Aug 21, 2011 at 12:41 Quote
Anyone from U.S.A selling an f5??? i want a CHUMBA sooo bad Helmet

Posted: Aug 21, 2011 at 19:20 Quote
Chumba HX1 Racing Bike

Chumba HX1 Racing Bike -Manitou Minute Pro 120mm -SUNringle Black Flag Pro Wheelset -WTB Valcon Saddle -WTB Wolverine 1.95 Tires -Sunline One os Carbon Handlebars -Sunline XC-1 Stem -Sunrace Driven NMX Cassette -Sunrace Driven NMX Chain 21 lbs. rig that keeps me at the top of the Cat 1 XC racing scene
Chumba HX1 Racing Bike -Manitou Minute Pro 120mm Fork -SUNringle Black Flag Pro Wheelset -WTB Valcon Saddle -WTB Wolverine 1.95 Tires -Sunline One os Carbon Handlebars -Sunline XC-1 Stem -Sunrace Driven NMX Cassette -Sunrace Driven NMX Chain 21 lbs. rig that keeps me at the top of the Cat 1 XC racing scene
Chumba HX1 Racing Bike -Manitou Minute Pro 120mm Fork -SUNringle Black Flag Pro Wheelset -WTB Valcon Saddle -WTB Wolverine 1.95 Tires -Sunline One os Carbon Handlebars -Sunline XC-1 Stem -Sunrace Driven NMX Cassette -Sunrace Driven NMX Chain 21 lbs. rig that keeps me at the top of the Cat 1 XC racing scene

-Manitou Minute Pro 120mm
-SUNringle Black Flag Pro Wheelset
-WTB Valcon Saddle
-WTB Wolverine 1.95 Tires
-Sunline One os Carbon Handlebars
-Sunline XC-1 Stem
-Sunrace Driven NMX Cassette
-Sunrace Driven NMX Chain

21 lbs. rig that keeps me at the top of the Cat 1 XC racing scene

Posted: Apr 3, 2012 at 4:00 Quote
here's mine, just finished the build hope u like it:
chumba hx1

Posted: May 9, 2012 at 11:01 Quote
Smidtty wrote:
mrpercussive wrote:
D-ponko wrote:
I heard Chumba's SPonsorship program is pretty good. And has anyone seen a broken F5 Frame?

yupp... the boys at Chumba defintiely know how to make you feel taken cared of... Walter and Darren took my bike back with them when i crashed and broke my clavicle 6 weeks ago... They've worked on it, rebuilt the fork, etc... Those guys are awesome...

And no, i've never seen one break. Chumba has a record of very low failures... You're not goign to break one... trust me...

I havent heard such good things about the frames, and I own a vf2 and an F5 and i broke both of the rear triangles

build quality on chumba's seam brilliant in my experience ive got a old zulu i put though hell again and again (its done the mega avalanche a few times) just to see if i can break it and its still going strong and my evo just feels as good as the day i got it

Posted: May 10, 2012 at 11:38 Quote
My Evo breaks hangers more than anything I have ever ridden, anything touches that der and its almost a gaurantee that thing will bust. Anyone else notice that?

Posted: Sep 14, 2012 at 20:15 Quote
hardtaildh08 wrote:
does anyone know if the smaller dog bone for the f5 shortens the travil or just slackens and lowers the bike?
cheers
i thought the smaller one makes it the opposite? higher/steeper! 3.5 and 2.8 inches if correct are the sizes

Posted: Oct 1, 2012 at 21:49 Quote
coreybender00 wrote:
hardtaildh08 wrote:
cheers
i thought the smaller one makes it the opposite? higher/steeper! 3.5 and 2.8 inches if correct are the sizes

3.3 and 3.5, And yeah the smaller makes it higher and steeper. I'll be getting an f5 frame this week, gonna get it off to the powdercoaters and then get it built up! I've heard mine will come with a couple custom pieces, I'll post pics up when I get it!

Posted: Oct 19, 2012 at 10:12 Quote
here's mine built up before it goes in for powdercoating
chumba f5

Posted: Dec 15, 2012 at 8:11 Quote
l33th3tr33 wrote:
here's mine built up before it goes in for powdercoating
chumba f5

Finally done!

Chumba F5 freshly powdercoated and new decals

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.015231
Mobile Version of Website