p1 rims problems

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
p1 rims problems
  • Previous Page
Posted: Jul 13, 2008 at 20:30 Quote
i think its known fact that the pseries rims suck, but in almost all stories ive heard, they bent during a 180, 360 etc. i like to do dirtjumps, but dont do any of these tricks, i manly wud like to learn no footers, suicide/tuck no handers, and the basic tricks that dont use spinning. i've just got a p1, still at the shop, and want to know if the rims will be fine fort me if i dont try any spinning tricks?

Posted: Jul 13, 2008 at 20:32 Quote
i guess you will find out. delete this thread

Posted: Jul 13, 2008 at 20:33 Quote
drew44 wrote:
i guess you will find out. delete this thread
i wnat to know now tho cuz i can trade in the rims and save some money on new ones

Posted: Jul 13, 2008 at 20:33 Quote
theyll b fine

use the search

Posted: Jul 13, 2008 at 20:34 Quote
What is wrong with ur rim???

Posted: Jul 13, 2008 at 20:35 Quote
DJ28 wrote:
theyll b fine

use the search
so the only prob is the suck against sideways forces, anyone have expeirence with them and doesn't do spinning tricks?

Posted: Jul 13, 2008 at 20:36 Quote
dirtjumprocker wrote:
What is wrong with ur rim???
nothing, just i want to know if they'll be fine cuz the bikes still at the shop and i can trade the rims in and save on better ones.so i want to no if they'll hold up fine

Posted: Jul 14, 2008 at 22:38 Quote
dirt-jumper17 wrote:
DJ28 wrote:
theyll b fine

use the search
so the only prob is the suck against sideways forces, anyone have expeirence with them and doesn't do spinning tricks?
anyone?

Posted: Jul 15, 2008 at 2:23 Quote
dirt-jumper17 wrote:
DJ28 wrote:
theyll b fine

use the search
apparently the rims are made of cheese. Never rode them before tho. Trading them in would be a good idea I think.

Posted: Jul 15, 2008 at 2:32 Quote
id get new ones, have them in good condition so you can still sell them, and get some strong ones, my s-types have gone through rim hell, not bringing in whips, rough 180s, failed 80s on flat and they only went slightly out when my headset cracked to bits an my fork burst, a few millimetres out

Posted: Jul 15, 2008 at 3:10 Quote
Trade them in or you will reret it. Any rough riding at all will buckle them rims. I have re-trued my mates rims countless times (and he wasnt doing any spins are anything...just your bog standard jumps)but then he had the sense to get some stronger ones (some halo SAS). One other riding buddy of mine went into this berm literally at crawling pace and went other the top of it into a log (he's pretty poo on a bike btw) and that ended up with the front rim completely tacoed and cracked.

So in short...yeh trade them in and get some nice wheels Smile .

Posted: Jul 15, 2008 at 4:10 Quote
ya i had a guy come in, he had a brand new p. bike for like 2 weeks. he said the spokes had come loose so his dad had tightened them all up, i had to true it and it wasn't easy, they were past their point already, i couldn't get them perfectly straight. Time for a new wheelset!!!

Posted: Jul 15, 2008 at 6:19 Quote
trade them in and save money

Posted: Aug 18, 2008 at 7:13 Quote
My friend has a p-2 cr-mo and he was just dirt jumping without spinning tricks and he over shot and landed kind of on the front wheel, and bent it all to shit, it wasnt that big of jump either only like 4-5 feet..

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.009638
Mobile Version of Website