2008 Northstar DH Races!

PB Forum :: Downhill
2008 Northstar DH Races!
  • Previous Page
O+
Posted: Jul 14, 2008 at 11:01 Quote
Is anyone going to the race at N* this Sunday? I want to go--havent been there yet. the race is on the "boondocks" trail. is this a demo 8 trail or an enduro trail (so i can decide what bike to bring)? also, the website says $30 for registration, and $30 for lift ticket. $60 to race is steep if you take into account gas + lodging + food! is it worth going? good competition? any info would be sweet.

Posted: Jul 15, 2008 at 23:03 Quote
MooMoo2323 wrote:
Is anyone going to the race at N* this Sunday? I want to go--havent been there yet. the race is on the "boondocks" trail. is this a demo 8 trail or an enduro trail (so i can decide what bike to bring)? also, the website says $30 for registration, and $30 for lift ticket. $60 to race is steep if you take into account gas + lodging + food! is it worth going? good competition? any info would be sweet.

its definately worth going, i'm gonna be there.
you should bring your demo cause boondocks has a couple drops and jumps with loose landings. don't think your enduro would be the best idea. besides its a DH race. and you need to buy a twenty dollar one day norba liscence if you don't have one already

O+
Posted: Jul 16, 2008 at 10:39 Quote
brycekicks wrote:
MooMoo2323 wrote:

you should bring your demo cause boondocks has a couple drops and jumps with loose landings. don't think your enduro would be the best idea. besides its a DH race. and you need to buy a twenty dollar one day norba liscence if you don't have one already

can you get the NORBA licence there (the day of the race)? i've got a usa cycling licence, would that count? i'll bring the demo for sure, that is, if it's built in time. it's gonna suck having to ride a bike that i've never ridden before, but whatever.

Posted: Jul 16, 2008 at 10:43 Quote
brycekicks wrote:
MooMoo2323 wrote:

you dont need a norba lisence. ill be there and its totally owrth it but i have a season pass so its only 30 for me but definatley go its a fun race. first race on boondocks ever

O+
Posted: Jul 16, 2008 at 10:45 Quote
yay! i bet it's going to be a lot of fun

Posted: Jul 16, 2008 at 22:02 Quote
MooMoo2323 wrote:

hey i ride that trail all the time. it's pretty tight with some big drops. bring the demo 8. thats what my brother is racing in jr. X

Posted: Jul 16, 2008 at 22:04 Quote
MEEEEE im going and im racing sport along with 888fork

O+
Posted: Jul 17, 2008 at 10:40 Quote
rideayeti wrote:

i think you need more than just a fork. wheels and a frame at the minimum.

Posted: Jul 17, 2008 at 10:41 Quote
MooMoo2323 wrote:
rideayeti wrote:

hes talking about me when hes says 888fork. cause thats my username lol. i want to get it changed tho

O+
Posted: Jul 17, 2008 at 10:44 Quote
888fork wrote:
MooMoo2323 wrote:
rideayeti wrote:

hes talking about me when hes says 888fork. cause thats my username lol. i want to get it changed tho

oh hahahahah well, i was joking anyway.

Posted: Jul 17, 2008 at 12:08 Quote
Ill be there..on my 08 Demo 8 no other bike is good and have big dh tubes in and tires inflated to 38psi. Its a fun but hard powdery course

O+
Posted: Jul 17, 2008 at 12:41 Quote
is there much pedaling? i saw a vid of it and it looked like that trail was kinda flat.

Posted: Jul 17, 2008 at 12:47 Quote
i'll be there...should be fun

Posted: Jul 17, 2008 at 12:51 Quote
MooMoo2323 wrote:
is there much pedaling? i saw a vid of it and it looked like that trail was kinda flat.

Flat. lol. It can get pretty steep in some sections. You only have to pedal in a few sections.

BTW, ill be there. Maybe racing sport, but we'll see.

Posted: Jul 17, 2008 at 12:56 Quote
There is about 25% pedaling and yea loose ruts everywhere and sharp corners and drops. Make sure your compression is on a little. The course is about 4-5 mins long and has lot of rock gardens take it slow in practice

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.013055
Mobile Version of Website