Talk about Kona 2009

PB Forum :: Kona
Talk about Kona 2009
Posted: Jul 16, 2008 at 5:32 Quote
I'm liking the little blue rigid jump bike.

Posted: Jul 16, 2008 at 8:32 Quote
dhrunner wrote:
-brokenchain- wrote:
I actually liked the old decals better.

Ya exactly, they all have very decent parts, but man, kona blows the big one with making a decent paintjob.
Mmhmmm.

Posted: Jul 16, 2008 at 8:38 Quote
the new bass looks better then the old one, and the stinky air is pretty sick

Posted: Jul 16, 2008 at 21:07 Quote
i might have to sell my cowan and buy a shonky that thing looks dope

Posted: Jul 16, 2008 at 21:08 Quote
i like the new cowan geo, much better than the 08

Posted: Jul 16, 2008 at 21:50 Quote
0000hUcK-tHiS0000 wrote:
please say that they have got rid of that crappy magic link

Funny you say that, cause I was hoping it would be on the dawg as well. I own a Coil-air deluxe and love the magic link. Rides awesome and no service issue yet, and I ride the bike lots. Please tell me why you dont like it?

Posted: Jul 16, 2008 at 22:35 Quote
konarrider2007 wrote:
stankiec wrote:
Ye I agree they do all look the same besides paint and parts. They need to revamp there entire line of freeride bikes and that nasty dh too.

Why mess with a tried and proven design? You dont
Ya your right whats the point of evolving and trying new things, lets hope all bike company's use the same designs for ever.

Posted: Jul 16, 2008 at 22:58 Quote
0000hUcK-tHiS0000 wrote:
please say that they have got rid of that crappy magic link

why? whats wrong with it?

Posted: Jul 16, 2008 at 22:59 Quote
omg the new konas look ugly as hell. i hate the colors. the cowan is alright though. the 07 cowan looks like a specialized hardrock, but this year they completely changed it

guess ill have to stick with the 08 stinky. colors are original

Posted: Jul 17, 2008 at 0:39 Quote
joexspocent92 wrote:
omg the new konas look ugly as hell. i hate the colors. the cowan is alright though. the 07 cowan looks like a specialized hardrock, but this year they completely changed it

if you ask me they are much better, especially the geo
you can always re-paint the frame

Posted: Jul 17, 2008 at 1:58 Quote
norcorulz wrote:
joexspocent92 wrote:

yeah thats true. maybe anodize it haha. the 09 colors are very unique. same with every other brand like specialized

the geometry looks way better. the cowan really looked like an XC bike. literally

Posted: Jul 17, 2008 at 2:51 Quote
joexspocent92 wrote:
norcorulz wrote:
joexspocent92 wrote:

yeah thats true. maybe anodize it haha. the 09 colors are very unique. same with every other brand like specialized

the geometry looks way better. the cowan really looked like an XC bike. literally
yeah, i hate that one, its way to high, i rode one and it felt really unstable, my nice low norco and my friends p3 feel alot better, but nw kona has really cleaned up the dirt frames

Posted: Jul 17, 2008 at 7:19 Quote
While i like the paint jobs on the 08 stinky's better, im envious at the 09 parts. for the stinky, upgrades include ride dh cranks, e13 chainguide stock and wah wah pedals. Sucky how they still got the POS roco on the rear and HOPEFULLY the 09 marzocchis will be relaible and bomb proof again, unlike this years rebadged SR suntour shit heaps.

Also is it just me or are the stinky's now running 1.5 headtubes? if they are im really gonna be pissedReally Mad , i would really love a 1.5tup

Posted: Jul 17, 2008 at 7:23 Quote
why is everything white? That's so 06

Posted: Jul 17, 2008 at 7:29 Quote
the new kona's kick ass... i love the paint

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.011788
Mobile Version of Website