Talk about Kona 2009

PB Forum :: Kona
Talk about Kona 2009
Author Message
Posted: Oct 23, 2008 at 15:03 Quote
samg93 wrote:
kickasskonakid101 wrote:
we have got some 09 kona in my store
and the look pimp and have got alot of attention

I was meaning at a distance like if some one was 10 meters away you wouldnt notice it was a kona
Dude im pretty sure thats not the only reason people buy Konas. I think the new designs look sick but i dont like th colour of the bass

Posted: Oct 23, 2008 at 17:25 Quote
Mike-MTB wrote:
samg93 wrote:
kickasskonakid101 wrote:
we have got some 09 kona in my store
and the look pimp and have got alot of attention

I was meaning at a distance like if some one was 10 meters away you wouldnt notice it was a kona
Dude im pretty sure thats not the only reason people buy Konas. I think the new designs look sick but i dont like th colour of the bass
well, the lower end ones probably mostly get sold because noobs want a good bike and if it says kona, they're gonna want it.

Posted: Oct 23, 2008 at 18:04 Quote
konacowboy wrote:
Mike-MTB wrote:
samg93 wrote:


I was meaning at a distance like if some one was 10 meters away you wouldnt notice it was a kona
Dude im pretty sure thats not the only reason people buy Konas. I think the new designs look sick but i dont like th colour of the bass
well, the lower end ones probably mostly get sold because noobs want a good bike and if it says kona, they're gonna want it.

exactly, i like that there isnt no more big nasacar letters saying KONA across it, but they could have made a better detailed sticker thing than they did on the bass.

Posted: Oct 23, 2008 at 18:12 Quote
shreder123 wrote:
konacowboy wrote:
Mike-MTB wrote:

Dude im pretty sure thats not the only reason people buy Konas. I think the new designs look sick but i dont like th colour of the bass
well, the lower end ones probably mostly get sold because noobs want a good bike and if it says kona, they're gonna want it.

exactly, i like that there isnt no more big nasacar letters saying KONA across it, but they could have made a better detailed sticker thing than they did on the bass.
ya, they're alright, but some of them look kinda cheezey. I like my more subtle kona graphic on my 08 five-0 which is brown in the middle as well as half of the frame colour. the graphic on the stinky six is kinda gay.

Posted: Oct 24, 2008 at 3:21 Quote
I dont get this are you agreeing with me that this years konas will not sell as well because there is no gay sticker on it?Smile

Posted: Oct 24, 2008 at 6:03 Quote
samg93 wrote:
I dont get this are you agreeing with me that this years konas will not sell as well because there is no gay sticker on it?Smile
no, I said that some of the new ones look kinda gay because they're like baby blue and green and stuff. Like the stinky six which is baby blue with green graphics. If I had to choose between big kona letters and swirly stuff, I think I'd choose the kona letters. Also, I think it's smart to put kona on the lower end ones because noobs think that kona is the best thing since sliced bread and think that it's amazing if it says kona (like I did).

Posted: Oct 24, 2008 at 10:00 Quote
kickasskonakid101 wrote:
stinky 6 is white
oh, nvr mind, the stinky air
edit: actually, all the stinkys look like shit this year.

Posted: Oct 24, 2008 at 10:04 Quote
adan2141 wrote:
rigid look sick
that rigid is 900 bucks

Posted: Oct 24, 2008 at 10:06 Quote
and the parts arnt so good
kickasskonakid101 wrote:
adan2141 wrote:
rigid look sick
that rigid is 900 bucks

Posted: Oct 24, 2008 at 10:15 Quote
adan2141 wrote:
and the parts arnt so good
kickasskonakid101 wrote:
adan2141 wrote:
rigid look sick
that rigid is 900 bucks

well its got a rigid fork and v brakes and some cheap steel cranks

Posted: Oct 24, 2008 at 14:19 Quote
yea the shonky for 09 sucks, i like my 08 and built it up pretty dece (still working on it). But there is a new shonky coming out the shonky inc. has suspension though but better parts.

Posted: Oct 24, 2008 at 22:06 Quote
konacowboy wrote:
kickasskonakid101 wrote:
stinky 6 is white
oh, nvr mind, the stinky air
edit: actually, all the stinkys look like shit this year.

yeah man i totally agree. i hesitated when i first saw the 09 models. stinkys look gross and disgusting. the only good thing is the chainguide and the 1.5 headtube. but so not worth the extra $500. i would totally get an 08

Posted: Oct 30, 2008 at 3:41 Quote
shreder123 wrote:
yea the shonky for 09 sucks, i like my 08 and built it up pretty dece (still working on it). But there is a new shonky coming out the shonky inc. has suspension though but better parts.

what?


 
Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.010708
Mobile Version of Website