Talk about Kona 2009

PB Forum :: Kona
Talk about Kona 2009
Posted: Oct 30, 2008 at 20:23 Quote
antster94 wrote:
shreder123 wrote:
yea the shonky for 09 sucks, i like my 08 and built it up pretty dece (still working on it). But there is a new shonky coming out the shonky inc. has suspension though but better parts.

what?

thats what i guy from kona told me check the shonky thread

Posted: Nov 16, 2008 at 19:14 Quote
Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://carlnet.no-ip.org/gay-thread.jpeg

Posted: Nov 16, 2008 at 19:28 Quote
I have a stock 2009 Kona Shonky Except i got a Fox 32 Talas RL instead of a rigid and i am getting juicy three. It is amazing feels really nice and only weighs 29.2lbs. I know the front end looks a little high right now but it feels really nice. I might still have my shop cut it down a bit though.

Posted: Nov 16, 2008 at 19:32 Quote
R-Jaster wrote:
I have a stock 2009 Kona Shonky Except i got a Fox 32 Talas RL instead of a rigid and i am getting juicy three. It is amazing feels really nice and only weighs 29.2lbs. I know the front end looks a little high right now but it feels really nice. I might still have my shop cut it down a bit though.

get a new sproket and it willl loook dope!

Posted: Nov 16, 2008 at 19:36 Quote
wrote:
wrote:
What kind. Also i am going to get atomlab wheels when mine break and probably a blue blk mrkt underboss stem and some blk mrkt bars. Just so it looks pimp. And i am going to get some blue lockon grips soon of any brand because mine are getting pretty old looking

Posted: Nov 16, 2008 at 19:38 Quote
wrote:
wrote:
R-Jaster wrote:
What kind. Also i am going to get atomlab wheels when mine break and probably a blue blk mrkt underboss stem and some blk mrkt bars. Just so it looks pimp. And i am going to get some blue lockon grips soon of any brand because mine are getting pretty old looking

idk, i dont dj, but the solid sprokets just dont look good at all, and weigh alot

Posted: Nov 16, 2008 at 19:41 Quote
wrote:
wrote:
lcstay10 wrote:
R-Jaster wrote:

idk, i dont dj, but the solid sprokets just dont look good at all, and weigh alot

What ever it is kinduv good that it is thick and strong because that means i don't need a bash guard and a cut out sprocket and a bash guard would probably weigh more. Also it was stock on it so i don't care lol. and my bike is already super light and im not a weight weenie

Posted: Nov 16, 2008 at 20:46 Quote
wrote:
wrote:
R-Jaster wrote:
lcstay10 wrote:
R-Jaster wrote:

What ever it is kinduv good that it is thick and strong because that means i don't need a bash guard and a cut out sprocket and a bash guard would probably weigh more. Also it was stock on it so i don't care lol. and my bike is already super light and im not a weight weenie

dude sprockets that aren't solid aren't that weak. they can take a major beating. i would recommend any bmx, as they seem to be super light, and people dont usually have problems with them.

Posted: Dec 8, 2008 at 19:56 Quote
Anyone know if the stinky six has chainguige mounts?

Posted: Dec 20, 2008 at 17:44 Quote
shreder123 wrote:
antster94 wrote:
shreder123 wrote:
yea the shonky for 09 sucks, i like my 08 and built it up pretty dece (still working on it). But there is a new shonky coming out the shonky inc. has suspension though but better parts.

what?

thats what i guy from kona told me check the shonky thread

Mine is on the way in Feb. Can't wait!

Posted: Jan 15, 2009 at 21:02 Quote

Shonky inc sneak peek

Posted: May 30, 2009 at 18:54 Quote
i've heard that the kona shonky is the only good HT dj/street bike that kona ever made. is this true? is it reliable???

Posted: May 30, 2009 at 18:57 Quote
a-l-e-x wrote:
please say that they have got rid of that crappy magic link

And you would know its crappy how??

Posted: May 30, 2009 at 21:24 Quote
shreder123 wrote:

Shonky inc sneak peek

pretty solid.

Posted: Jun 22, 2009 at 5:20 Quote
Katol wrote:
i've heard that the kona shonky is the only good HT dj/street bike that kona ever made. is this true? is it reliable???

Mine rides pretty nice I recommend it for sure.

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.014254
Mobile Version of Website