Post your race Bmx!

PB Forum :: BMX (20")
Post your race Bmx!
Posted: Jun 17, 2013 at 16:08 Quote
Best hubs? Argue.

Stealth pros are the best, zero lag, have the best soundWink end of story.

Posted: Jun 17, 2013 at 16:10 Quote
bmxrace121 wrote:
Best hubs? Argue.

Except no on so many levels.

Calls out people who debate on merits of hub. Drops his opinion like it's the only one that matters. Nice going pal!

Posted: Jun 17, 2013 at 16:11 Quote
sherbet wrote:
bmxrace121 wrote:
Best hubs? Argue.

Except no on so many levels.

Calls out people who debate on merits of hub. Drops his opinion like it's the only one that matters. Nice going pal!
No, not really, I would actually like to hear others opinions

Posted: Jun 17, 2013 at 16:16 Quote
Depends what you need in a hub. There is no one best hub, and only someone ignorant to the options calls that.

A full ti Profile Elite is likely where I'd go if money was no object. Instant engagement (anything over 120 and you stop noticing the degree difference in pickup. 204 is instant. Don't say "STEALTH IS FASTER" please.) a great weight, a company with some of the best customer support in the biz, they're available nearly anywhere, very reliable, and damn do they look good.

Stealth are great hubs. Worked with 'em a bit in person. The roller engagement is wickedly smart, but they're prone to failure and are hugely finicky with adjusting, as well as heavy and in low supply. It's the kind of hub I'd be stoked beyond stoked to have handed to me, and not the hub I would seek out with my own cash. Gnome sayin'?

Posted: Jun 17, 2013 at 16:25 Quote
Obviously there is no "Best Hub" I don't know why I said that. I think Profile would be like my third choice, possibly after Chris King. And just wondering how do they fail, I have some and they have not had any problems. And the True Precision Components has excellent customer service, a kid at my track had an issue with his and they sent it back to have it fixed (it was one of the first production batches of the mini size) and they upgraded it to ceramics and Ti free of charge.

Posted: Jun 17, 2013 at 16:30 Quote
I met with the Ontario rep about a year and a half ago when he was at the bike show. He was genuinely an awesome dude, and I'd absolutely love to deal with him as far as customer support goes. Awesome in that respect. Seem to be a good company.

The engagement mechanism runs on ball bearings, and forward rotation pushes them out towards the out hub shell. Any sort of grit or shit in the system causes a lot of damage, and fast. They're sealed, but anyone who's worked on gubs before knows that shit will get into the worst and tightest places. One of the least smooth hubs as soon as that goes wrong. If you live in a dry area, rock 'em up, they're great. Wet places tend to see the hubs needing a little more maintenance. They make sense in a track environment in that sense. I'd just rather a pawl system for my riding. On top of that, they are beastly heavy.

I'd also take a fair few hubs before a King. My god can they be sensitive. I'd way prefer a Stealth to a King.

Posted: Jun 17, 2013 at 16:35 Quote
Bombshell FatBoy/275.

I have the first pair ever made. 275POE, smoother than King, faster than Profile and Stealth.

I'm saying this not only because I've used all those hubs, but I'm also basing it upon simplicity and design.

Deadly similar to Elite's but the pawls sit a little flatter, so there is less drag. No idea where Jiri gets his bearings but they're top notch.

Then there's the fact that they are straight pull, and build the stiffest wheel possible.

Posted: Jun 17, 2013 at 16:37 Quote
I do love those hubs...

I'll also throw in a good word for Tree. Tree makes some damn fine hubs. Ceramic straight pull at a very good weight for a freestyle hub.

Posted: Jun 17, 2013 at 16:39 Quote
sherbet wrote:
I do love those hubs...

I'll also throw in a good word for Tree. Tree makes some damn fine hubs. Ceramic straight pull at a very good weight for a freestyle hub.

They're sexy.

Jiri's also working on a MTB version Drool

Posted: Jun 17, 2013 at 16:40 Quote
I ain't run those MTB sizes. 110 fo lyf.

Posted: Jun 17, 2013 at 16:41 Quote
3/8's ?

I can has get you set ?

Posted: Jun 17, 2013 at 16:42 Quote
14mm. I don't track, I huck.

Posted: Jun 17, 2013 at 16:43 Quote
Trust me, these can handle hucks. lol

Posted: Jun 17, 2013 at 16:46 Quote
I don't trust 3/8s with my riding. I've sheered my share of bolts.

Posted: Jun 17, 2013 at 16:51 Quote
sherbet wrote:
I met with the Ontario rep about a year and a half ago when he was at the bike show. He was genuinely an awesome dude, and I'd absolutely love to deal with him as far as customer support goes. Awesome in that respect. Seem to be a good company.

The engagement mechanism runs on ball bearings, and forward rotation pushes them out towards the out hub shell. Any sort of grit or shit in the system causes a lot of damage, and fast. They're sealed, but anyone who's worked on gubs before knows that shit will get into the worst and tightest places. One of the least smooth hubs as soon as that goes wrong. If you live in a dry area, rock 'em up, they're great. Wet places tend to see the hubs needing a little more maintenance. They make sense in a track environment in that sense. I'd just rather a pawl system for my riding. On top of that, they are beastly heavy.

I'd also take a fair few hubs before a King. My god can they be sensitive. I'd way prefer a Stealth to a King.

True, they could get messed up pretty easy, and where I live its dry as hell so they work great for racing

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.012476
Mobile Version of Website