Post your race Bmx!

PB Forum :: BMX (20")
Post your race Bmx!
Author Message
Posted: Jul 18, 2011 at 17:33 Quote
mongoose-rider wrote:
im looking at a cheap race bmx...not to race but to build my confidence on jumps more than anything for dh racing...what bike should I look at price range of about 3 to 400 pounds

thanks

What is that in CAD ?

Posted: Jul 18, 2011 at 17:48 Quote
Bmxerch wrote:
mongoose-rider wrote:
im looking at a cheap race bmx...not to race but to build my confidence on jumps more than anything for dh racing...what bike should I look at price range of about 3 to 400 pounds

thanks
What is that in CAD ?
http://www.xe.com/ucc/

Precisely $462.02 to $616.03. Wink



And mongoose-rider, if you're not planning on racing then you're definitely going to be better off with a freestyle bike. If you're swaying towards a race bike because of the weight, realistically there are some stock freestyle bikes that aren't going to be very far off when it comes down to it. You'll have a stronger bike in the end which will only in turn give you even more confidence in the air.

Posted: Jul 18, 2011 at 18:34 Quote
justin99 wrote:
Bmxerch wrote:
mongoose-rider wrote:
im looking at a cheap race bmx...not to race but to build my confidence on jumps more than anything for dh racing...what bike should I look at price range of about 3 to 400 pounds

thanks
What is that in CAD ?
http://www.xe.com/ucc/

Precisely $462.02 to $616.03. Wink



And mongoose-rider, if you're not planning on racing then you're definitely going to be better off with a freestyle bike. If you're swaying towards a race bike because of the weight, realistically there are some stock freestyle bikes that aren't going to be very far off when it comes down to it. You'll have a stronger bike in the end which will only in turn give you even more confidence in the air.

I second that. Unless you're looking for a longer bike... If your looking for this, get a Redline Proline. Strong, long, and fair weight.

I feel more comfy in the air with a longer bike. I should theoretically be on a Pro+... I'm Riding a XXL. It might be just me but longer bikes feel ten times More stable in the air than short bikes.

Posted: Jul 19, 2011 at 7:02 Quote
Bmxerch wrote:
justin99 wrote:
Bmxerch wrote:

What is that in CAD ?
http://www.xe.com/ucc/

Precisely $462.02 to $616.03. Wink



And mongoose-rider, if you're not planning on racing then you're definitely going to be better off with a freestyle bike. If you're swaying towards a race bike because of the weight, realistically there are some stock freestyle bikes that aren't going to be very far off when it comes down to it. You'll have a stronger bike in the end which will only in turn give you even more confidence in the air.

I second that. Unless you're looking for a longer bike... If your looking for this, get a Redline Proline. Strong, long, and fair weight.

I feel more comfy in the air with a longer bike. I should theoretically be on a Pro+... I'm Riding a XXL. It might be just me but longer bikes feel ten times More stable in the air than short bikes.

That makes to of us Razz

Posted: Jul 19, 2011 at 9:31 Quote
In being sent Bombshell's 2012 Cromoly fork and the Pro Carbon bars to test...

I'll love the forks I know that for a fact... I'll wait for the bars to actually get here before I say anything. Apparently they're really strong tho.

Posted: Jul 19, 2011 at 12:28 Quote
I hope so. The old ones snapped like matchsticks lol

Posted: Jul 19, 2011 at 12:37 Quote
Bombshell never made Pro Carbon bars before

Derka derka Facepalm


lol

Posted: Jul 19, 2011 at 12:39 Quote
Fayul... Answer* lol

Posted: Jul 19, 2011 at 12:41 Quote
Man, I want some of what you're smoking!!

Answer makes EXPERT and MINI carbon bars, fool.

lol

Yeti... We're in the 21st century, comon.

Posted: Jul 19, 2011 at 14:53 Quote
Not BMX but you guys are always chattin about gates.

Heres a pic from Saturday mornings practise....me and Scott Beamont (top 10 in 4x WC)

Nat Champs

Posted: Jul 19, 2011 at 16:59 Quote
jackhud wrote:
Not BMX but you guys are always chattin about gates.

Heres a pic from Saturday mornings practise....me and Scott Beamont (top 10 in 4x WC)

Nat Champs

And you're beating him...

Step on up to the big boys, Jack.

Buddy tagged me in another gate picture on Facebook. We shall see what this one says later.. After I get my derailleur to use as a tensioner to ghetto run my SX Propel... Pimp

Posted: Jul 19, 2011 at 17:03 Quote
opinions 2011 intense podium factory pro xl?

http://www.danscomp.com/products-RACE/101879/Intense_2011_Factory_Pro_XL_Bike.html

Posted: Jul 19, 2011 at 20:18 Quote
matt-bird wrote:
opinions 2011 intense podium factory pro xl?

http://www.danscomp.com/products-RACE/101879/Intense_2011_Factory_Pro_XL_Bike.html

How tall're you ? I'm 5'9" and could ride a Pro XL. Could. But I'd rather go for the XXL.

Posted: Jul 19, 2011 at 20:49 Quote
My Racing Machine:

A Lean Mean Racing Machine

Specs upon request.


 
Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.014173
Mobile Version of Website