OK, so I'm a bike newb. Need some tips on finding a new ride.

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
OK, so I'm a bike newb. Need some tips on finding a new ride.
Posted: Jul 17, 2008 at 11:55 Quote
everyone seems to be changing or buying new,yippeeee good for the bike world.

Posted: Jul 17, 2008 at 11:56 Quote
lol I want a bike more geared toward racing for next season. so hopefully I can sell my 7 point in september or something and get a good deal on an 08 sunday.

Posted: Jul 17, 2008 at 11:57 Quote
shawndogger wrote:
lol I want a bike more geared toward racing for next season. so hopefully I can sell my 7 point in september or something and get a good deal on an 08 sunday.

makes sense if your doing more dh,i only do dh for fun so aint fussed but its a laugh when you can beat v10's.

and we gotta get back on topic.

Posted: Jul 17, 2008 at 11:59 Quote
lol ya, this was my first season racing. and I like it a lot so I'll be doing more of it next year. lol ok back on topic. if your looking to stay with specialized I would go with the sx trail it is a great bike. it can do everything.

Posted: Jul 17, 2008 at 12:04 Quote
if you want a specialized bike that can take jumps and nice trails i would go with the enduro or the pitch they are both good all mountain bikes.

Posted: Jul 17, 2008 at 13:55 Quote
snagglepuss wrote:
if you want a specialized bike that can take jumps and nice trails i would go with the enduro or the pitch they are both good all mountain bikes.

very cool, thank you for all your suggestions. i will look at them all Smile

Posted: Jul 17, 2008 at 14:03 Quote
by the way as i said i'm quite a newb, so i doubt i will be taking any big jumps right off the bat but still, thank you for the suggestions

O+
Posted: Jul 17, 2008 at 14:25 Quote
http://www.cyclestore.co.uk/images%5Cproducts%5CXtra%5C12228.jpg

Posted: Jul 17, 2008 at 14:57 Quote
bikermax wrote:
Price range?

uhh.... dunno. 2500 - 3? we'll see. i'll probably finance something if it's new, or i'll get a loan if i buy something real nice used. not too sure i wanna buy a used freeride though...

Posted: Jul 17, 2008 at 15:04 Quote
specialized enduro?

Posted: Jul 17, 2008 at 15:06 Quote
specialized pitch is what i would go for

http://www.specialized.com/bc/SBCBkModel.jsp?sid=08Pitch

O+
Posted: Jul 18, 2008 at 15:28 Quote
ctiebs wrote:
bikermax wrote:
Price range?

uhh.... dunno. 2500 - 3? we'll see. i'll probably finance something if it's new, or i'll get a loan if i buy something real nice used. not too sure i wanna buy a used freeride though...
you can get some good bikes for that, i know you like specialized but there are some better options for you, the norco 6 or new norco 5, norco shore, giant reign or reign x. they are all good bikes with pretty equal suspension designs from what ive heard. unless you can get an sxtrail specialized isnt really a good brand choice for you as the enduro has dualcrown forks and everything else is A-pricey B-or not suited to your needs

Posted: Jul 18, 2008 at 15:33 Quote
nishnash wrote:
ctiebs wrote:
bikermax wrote:
Price range?

you can get some good bikes for that, i know you like specialized but there are some better options for you, the norco 6 or new norco 5, norco shore, giant reign or reign x. they are all good bikes with pretty equal suspension designs from what ive heard. unless you can get an sxtrail specialized isnt really a good brand choice for you as the enduro has dualcrown forks and everything else is A-pricey B-to heavy or not suited to your needs
your a fool the enduro is 26 pounds - 29 pounds the front end is incredibly stiff and it is well suited to you needs also why isnt spesh a good brand norco licences from them!!

O+
Posted: Jul 18, 2008 at 15:36 Quote
sorry i just edited 2heavy out ijust realized the enduro is really light. the enduro is a dualcrown though. and norco does liscense from spesh, but does spesh have a slopetyle bike or fr bike for under 3grand other than the bighit. you could use a pitch but ide rather ride a 2grand norco six

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.015472
Mobile Version of Website