Need Freeride Bike Suitable for North Shore

PB Forum :: Freeride & Slopestyle
Need Freeride Bike Suitable for North Shore
O+
Posted: Jul 19, 2008 at 22:10 Quote
sorry it wasnt a glory reign, im thinking glory cuz i just reread by decline and im thinking bout the sik new design for the glory
are u talkin severed...... so much fun, one of the dudes in my group made us hike up the BP trail (we'd gone down it by accident cuz the thought it was severed.....) and then we rode severed then he made us walk balk and then go again.

Posted: Jul 19, 2008 at 22:27 Quote
id get a norco shore or six, since you said am bike will do, maybe a transition bottlerocket, specialized sx trail, bighit
i know there are more but those are really good bikes, definitly worth considering
depends on how much travel you want

O+
Posted: Jul 19, 2008 at 22:30 Quote
norcorulz wrote:
id get a norco shore or six, since you said am bike will do, maybe a transition bottlerocket, specialized sx trail, bighit
i know there are more but those are really good bikes, definitly worth considering
deffinetly not bottlerocket

Posted: Jul 19, 2008 at 22:32 Quote
derekt wrote:
norcorulz wrote:

y not? heavy?

Posted: Jul 19, 2008 at 22:35 Quote
derekt wrote:
norcorulz wrote:
it might be short on travel, but other than that they are pretty good, not the best, but good, but he did say AM bike, and the bottlerocket has been used for AM
anyway, if you have considered a hardtail, whiich really depends on what size jumps your doing and your local terrain, look at norco range of shore hardtails, ns bitch, many others if you do, generally they have about 160mm forks

O+
Posted: Jul 19, 2008 at 22:52 Quote
norcorulz wrote:
derekt wrote:
norcorulz wrote:
it might be short on travel, but other than that they are pretty good, not the best, but good, but he did say AM bike, and the bottlerocket has been used for AM
anyway, if you have considered a hardtail, whiich really depends on what size jumps your doing and your local terrain, look at norco range of shore hardtails, ns bitch, many others if you do, generally they have about 160mm forks
no they feel bad and theyre heavy. low end slopestlye bike, wouldnt very fun on the shore... or anywhere for that matter

Posted: Jul 19, 2008 at 22:56 Quote
derekt wrote:
norcorulz wrote:
derekt wrote:

no they feel bad and theyre heavy. low end slopestlye bike, wouldnt very fun on the shore... or anywhere for that matter
not sure if its in ur pricerange, but intense 6.6 ss, appearently they are amazing at everything, according to bikeradar.com anyway

O+
Posted: Jul 20, 2008 at 18:32 Quote
derekt wrote:
norcorulz wrote:
derekt wrote:

i totally agree, although there are a couple dj spots where the travel would be apreciated, its not that great for here. the shore is nuthing like seattle or what u see in movies

Posted: Jul 20, 2008 at 18:52 Quote
https://www.pinkbike.com/buysell/306234/

what do you think of that bike?

O+
Posted: Jul 20, 2008 at 18:56 Quote
dats a damn good build for that price.
but personally ide rather get a reign x1

Posted: Jul 20, 2008 at 19:06 Quote
derekt wrote:
nishnash wrote:
i still say AM or FR
personally id rather have a dh bike on the shore rather than riding an allmoutnain bike, i no you can ride an allmountain bike on the shore... have you even riden the real shore?? or if u have have u only ridden the griffen switchbacks, or bobsled?

08 Bullit with dhx 5.0 air and totem fork (7and7). Keep extra tires on hand so you can switch them out on the more DH runs. Mine's 33 lbs with mountainkings 2.4. I use 2.7 kendas for downhill (39 lbs). I have a 32t chainring with lg1 chainguide (very light). can't use taco bashguard though. Rides awesome dh (better than many DH rigs) and climbs nicely too. Just a thought. good luck.

Posted: Jul 20, 2008 at 19:15 Quote
i would suggest looking at a Brodie damien or the frantik and hectik series by devinci

O+
Posted: Jul 20, 2008 at 19:27 Quote
nocker wrote:
derekt wrote:
nishnash wrote:
i still say AM or FR
personally id rather have a dh bike on the shore rather than riding an allmoutnain bike, i no you can ride an allmountain bike on the shore... have you even riden the real shore?? or if u have have u only ridden the griffen switchbacks, or bobsled?

08 Bullit with dhx 5.0 air and totem fork (7and7). Keep extra tires on hand so you can switch them out on the more DH runs. Mine's 33 lbs with mountainkings 2.4. I use 2.7 kendas for downhill (39 lbs). I have a 32t chainring with lg1 chainguide (very light). can't use taco bashguard though. Rides awesome dh (better than many DH rigs) and climbs nicely too. Just a thought. good luck.
Yea im getting a bullit frame with dhx 5.0 coil and totem coils when i get the moneyBig Grin

O+
Posted: Jul 20, 2008 at 19:50 Quote
k sweet thats a really nice frame and sooo cheap, never new that it was soo cheap

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.076700
Mobile Version of Website