Whats Going on With My Cranks Here

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
Whats Going on With My Cranks Here
Posted: Jul 18, 2008 at 20:32 Quote
hockeynut wrote:
superbarnes65 wrote:
it cant be ur bb cause there is no force on it when you take your feet off ur pedals therefore it will not move unless acted on by an outside force. Get a chain tensioner and add a few links to your chain and that should do it.

thank you hahaha thats what Ive been tryign to tell him all along
No problem lol

Posted: Jul 18, 2008 at 20:33 Quote
hockeynut wrote:
superbarnes65 wrote:
it cant be ur bb cause there is no force on it when you take your feet off ur pedals therefore it will not move unless acted on by an outside force. Get a chain tensioner and add a few links to your chain and that should do it.

okay i get it now but is there any other possible problem that wouldnt result in me having to buy a chain tensioner

toasty88 wrote:
yeah thats what i thought to but for some reason it just seems like somethings going on in the chain guide or the BB

If your chain is too tight, it'll put a load on the bearings in the BB and can cause it to make weird noises. I unfortunately killed a bb doing that.

superbarnes65 wrote:
hockeynut wrote:
superbarnes65 wrote:

No problem lol

haha ya thats what I said ...4th comment but no one believed me they thoguth it was the BB lollol

Posted: Jul 18, 2008 at 20:35 Quote
toasty88 wrote:
hockeynut wrote:
superbarnes65 wrote:

okay i get it now but is there any other possible problem that wouldnt result in me having to buy a chain tensioner

well besides adding the rear chain tensioner you could A) put back on the cassette and rear derraler or B)buy a frame with horizontal drop outs

plus man u dont need a front chain guide on a SS so sell that and buy the rear tensioner....chain guide wont do squat on a properly set up SS

Posted: Jul 18, 2008 at 20:35 Quote
how old are theses kids anyway? hahaha. Yea as for the problem just try adding a link or two to your chain... that may work for a while

Posted: Jul 18, 2008 at 20:38 Quote
superbarnes65 wrote:
how old are theses kids anyway? hahaha. Yea as for the problem just try adding a link or two to your chain... that may work for a while

more then likely it'll skip...no tension on chain l....better off just doing it right

Posted: Jul 18, 2008 at 20:39 Quote
yea i know but he is too cheap to buy a tensioner...

Posted: Jul 18, 2008 at 20:40 Quote
superbarnes65 wrote:
yea i know but he is too cheap to buy a tensioner...

he should just sell the TV box guide he has on it and he should have enough for the tensioner...either that or his bike just wont work hahah

Posted: Jul 18, 2008 at 20:41 Quote
i know i dont need that chain guide on there it just havent got arount to taking it of and i guess i'll just hold off on the tensioner untill the winter cause im getting a new frame anyways

Posted: Jul 18, 2008 at 20:42 Quote
toasty88 wrote:
i know i dont need that chain guide on there it just havent got arount to taking it of and i guess i'll just hold off on the tensioner untill the winter cause im getting a new frame anyways

mine aswell get one with horizontal drop outs....makes for a more adjustable geo plus then u dont have to ruide with a tensioner

Posted: Jul 18, 2008 at 20:42 Quote
i dont want to buy something that ill use for like a quarter of the season and then just get rid of it

Posted: Jul 18, 2008 at 20:43 Quote
you should seriously just sell the tv guide and get a tensioner if you want your rig to run right...what frame are you getting?

Posted: Jul 18, 2008 at 20:44 Quote
ns suburban and if i were to take of the tv box guide how would i go about doing it

Posted: Jul 18, 2008 at 20:44 Quote
toasty88 wrote:
i dont want to buy something that ill use for like a quarter of the season and then just get rid of it

well then put back on ur gears or ur pedals will pedal without u man sorry thats it thats aoll

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.009815
Mobile Version of Website