Pinkbike Software/Feature Improvements

PB Forum :: Bug Reports
Pinkbike Software/Feature Improvements
Posted: May 25, 2016 at 8:09 Quote
that'd only work if they made both an iOS and Andrioid app AND if the other user actually downloaded the app.

Posted: May 25, 2016 at 9:23 Quote
Well id download it no probs. Suppose its having time to do something like that tho.

Posted: May 25, 2016 at 13:14 Quote
You have to imagine how much work it would be to produce the app though, and where would the extra money come from to fund the app?

Nothing really wrong with the site, its the people that are the problem. They obviously don't want to sell there items that badly. When i used to sell a bit on here i was checking atleast every couple of hours.

IMO, notifications piss me off anyway, have the majority of them turned off, just check apps regularly that i want to keep track of.

Posted: May 25, 2016 at 23:34 Quote
horny-norris wrote:
You have to imagine how much work it would be to produce the app though, and where would the extra money come from to fund the app?

Nothing really wrong with the site, its the people that are the problem. They obviously don't want to sell there items that badly. When i used to sell a bit on here i was checking atleast every couple of hours.

IMO, notifications piss me off anyway, have the majority of them turned off, just check apps regularly that i want to keep track of.

Push Notifications also kill your battery life.

Posted: Sep 24, 2016 at 20:50 Quote
I would love to see an update to Buy/sell that allowed to exclude bike shops from the search results.

Posted: Oct 2, 2016 at 18:13 Quote
Crapalier wrote:
I would love to see an update to Buy/sell that allowed to exclude bike shops from the search results.

Well, other than examining pictures and deducing that it's a bike shop, there is no sure-fire way of knowing what's being sold by a shop and what's not.

Out of curiosity, why do you want to filter them out?

Posted: Oct 2, 2016 at 21:08 Quote
ninjatarian wrote:
Well, other than examining pictures and deducing that it's a bike shop, there is no sure-fire way of knowing what's being sold by a shop and what's not.

It could easy to filter out, if the pinkbike account is linked to the bike shop in the directory.

I was just checking to see what was around my area but the local shop had 50 (out of the 120) items listed flooding the listings. I don't check the BuySell to find the full retail pricing on bikes. Don't get me wrong, its great that they are able to use this free resource.

I guess I'm just an old krumugin and was looking for something to complain about.

Posted: Oct 3, 2016 at 3:47 Quote
Crapalier wrote:
ninjatarian wrote:

It could easy to filter out, if the pinkbike account is linked to the bike shop in the directory.

I was just checking to see what was around my area but the local shop had 50 (out of the 120) items listed flooding the listings. I don't check the BuySell to find the full retail pricing on bikes. Don't get me wrong, its great that they are able to use this free resource.

I guess I'm just an old krumugin and was looking for something to complain about.

If you don't want shops in there due to their retail pricing, then can't you just use the price filter?

Posted: Oct 3, 2016 at 16:14 Quote
ninjatarian wrote:
If you don't want shops in there due to their retail pricing, then can't you just use the price filter?

Yes, that would exclude some items but maybe I want be surprised to see if somebody has a used $9000 Yeti SB6 Anniversary Edition for sale.

It isn't just the 'retail' pricing, I would just like the option to be able to ignore those same shop inventory items that have been listed for months. I didn't think it warranted this much discussion but since I am not able to ride I have copious amount of spare time.

Posted: Oct 3, 2016 at 16:30 Quote
Not aware how it works at this point, but at one point back in the day PB had asked shops to check in with them about how many ads being placed and otherwise. IIRC PB is completely aware of how many shops post on here.

I'm totally with you, used bikes and new bikes should be in different categories.

Mod
Posted: Oct 4, 2016 at 9:36 Quote
Wholeheartedly agree with Sherb.

Posted: Oct 5, 2016 at 16:17 Quote
sherbet wrote:
Used bikes and new bikes should be in different categories.

This a little different than filtering out shops and I tend to like it better.

O+
Posted: Oct 21, 2016 at 11:36 Quote
Crapalier wrote:

I'm in support of this. Many classifieds sites allow you to query by "commerical sellers". Shops would have to identify their accounts as commercial sellers, and users could flag to pinkbike if there were sellers that were inappropriate listing their postings as non-commercial.

I like to browse the new classifieds in my area, partially out of curiosity, but there are a few shops who will spam the listings with 30 bikes in a row. I'll have to scroll to the third page to see any non-commerical listings.

O+
Posted: Oct 24, 2016 at 22:05 Quote
An ad expiry date where if the seller doesn't repost it for 60 days it will be automatically marked as sold. Would get rid of all the items that have been sold a long time ago but still show up as available for sale, since many people are to lazy to mark as sold after selling.

Posted: May 3, 2017 at 11:53 Quote
Active forum mods would be great.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.014894
Mobile Version of Website