How Do You Build A Good Set Of Dj's

PB Forum :: Trail Building
How Do You Build A Good Set Of Dj's
  • Previous Page
Posted: Jul 20, 2008 at 9:49 Quote
whats the easiest way to build like a 5 set of dj's.
by hand tho?

Posted: Jul 20, 2008 at 9:58 Quote
i was gonna say get a bobcat and build until i spotted "by hand" though lol. get a bunch of buds and spend a hard days work building some up. if thats not an option i dont know........ask jeeves.

Posted: Jul 20, 2008 at 10:05 Quote
get a couple friends and start digging, the problem would be making them hard. it takes alot of water usually rain or a hose,if you have a river nearby then that could speed it up a bit. water them down, stamp and pack the hell out of it and wait for it to dry and harden uptup

Posted: Jul 20, 2008 at 10:06 Quote
gibson243 wrote:
get a couple friends and start digging, the problem would be making them hard. it takes alot of water usually rain or a hose,if you have a river nearby then that could speed it up a bit. water them down, stamp and pack the hell out of it and wait for it to dry and harden uptup

so to get really good hard packed djs without falling apart would to throw some water on them??

Posted: Jul 20, 2008 at 10:10 Quote
yeah, make your pile of dirt, shape it, pour water on it, pack it down like hell and wait a day or two depending on the weather.

here its pretty sunny and hot, me and my friend made 3 jumps in his backyard and they were almost like concrete in 2 days.

Posted: Jul 20, 2008 at 10:11 Quote
ya and let them dry. and use clay dirt if there is some where you are building. that stuff seems to work almost like concrete. so put it on the lips to get some good air taking off. and make sure the landings are nice dirt to . loose dirt i find works good cus it dont hurt as bad when you crash and burn

Posted: Jul 20, 2008 at 10:12 Quote
dreadscanada wrote:
ya and let them dry. and use clay dirt if there is some where you are building. that stuff seems to work almost like concrete. so put it on the lips to get some good air taking off. and make sure the landings are nice dirt to . loose dirt i find works good cus it dont hurt as bad when you crash and burn

okay thanx man.
ive always wondered why my jumps fell apart, i wasnt using water

Posted: Jul 20, 2008 at 10:13 Quote
and dont forget to piss on them when nature calls. save some water trips.

Posted: Jul 20, 2008 at 10:15 Quote
dreadscanada wrote:
and dont forget to piss on them when nature calls. save some water trips.

hahaa are you being serious??

Posted: Jul 20, 2008 at 10:16 Quote
no. good times bud. but its good to hear people actually wanting to build and taking time to do it. there isnt a lot of us out there.

Posted: Jul 20, 2008 at 10:18 Quote
yeah, i no what you mean.
where i live in medicine hat, you cant build anywhere.
me and my bud, went down to city hall and parks city, and trying to get a bike park in medicine hat

Posted: Jul 20, 2008 at 10:19 Quote
im still trying to get a fullout bike park made in toronto. havent heard from the city in like a mont h so i dont know if theyve dropped it or what.Madder

Posted: Jul 20, 2008 at 10:21 Quote
im not sure man.

the people we talked to said we need to have a club, and need a sponsor and need an area that has no green.

Posted: Jul 20, 2008 at 10:26 Quote
http://www.capcollege.bc.ca/programs/mountain-bike/Home.html

check this thread out. its in B.C and its a collegge for building trails and lots of mountain bike related stuff. its what im doing in 2-3 years.

Posted: Jul 20, 2008 at 12:26 Quote
well first you should hook up with the dudes and chicks that build in that spot ask them if you can help them on there next project if they say yes then watch how the do it.... them ask them if they could help you with some buildingBlank Stare

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.009450
Mobile Version of Website