Hitch mount rack and bighit FSR

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Hitch mount rack and bighit FSR
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Jul 20, 2008 at 11:18 Quote
I've got a 2005 bighit FSR and it needs to go on a hitch mount rack in a few weeks. It doesn't have a conventional top tube, so it needs one of the "bars" that goes from the handlebar to the seat post so I can put it on a rack.

The only ones I've found so far are made by a company called Allen, they are 19 bucks, and look kinda cheap.

Does anyone have a website to a company that sells decent ones, or can you give me a place to search next?

P.S. I've tried google and most of the links that looked promising here on pinkbike.

Posted: Jul 21, 2008 at 3:09 Quote
Bump for the day.

Posted: Jul 21, 2008 at 9:50 Quote
you can get this:
http://yakima.com/racks/bike-racks/product/8002531/tubetop.aspx

or get this rack, it's awesome, works perfectly, and secure:
http://www.thuleracks.com/product.asp?dept_id=8&sku=916

O+
Posted: Jul 21, 2008 at 9:57 Quote
when i put mine on a rack like that i just take the wheels off and go to the top tube and "seat stay". works fine and no wheels = less wind drag, no bent spokes etc

Posted: Jul 21, 2008 at 10:00 Quote
ive seen a couple, my friend has one ill ask him

Posted: Jul 21, 2008 at 13:18 Quote
It is only going to be on thsi rack twice, we are going to quebec to ride St. Anne and we are taking my buddies car which can only accomodate a hitch style rack. If it were my full time bike carrier I would consider something like the thule rack, but I only need this to go up there and back. I don't want my bike to fall off the rack, but I am not worried about hassle and eas of loading/unloading because its only going to be done a few times on this rack.

The Yakima one is exactly what I'm looking for, but expensive compared to what I want to spend. If I have to I have to, but that doesn't mean I want to.

Thanks for all the replies so far!

Posted: Mar 14, 2013 at 23:45 Quote
I too am having trouble getting my wife's nickel and my heckler to mount up an a yakima swing daddy.:...anyone have suggestions or pictures they can post so i can see how it was done.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.007251
Mobile Version of Website