scariest thing you've done on a bike?

PB Forum :: Off-Topic
scariest thing you've done on a bike?
Posted: Nov 14, 2007 at 20:53 Quote
starfox wrote:
if anybody here does tailwhips, they know that landing one nose dived is the scariest thing ever.

i know how you feel

Posted: Nov 14, 2007 at 21:01 Quote
my scariest thing was in the whistler 4x course summer 07, to all who know the track, after the small drop there is quite a g-out table/step-up, and after is a left hand hip into berm. over that berm there is the dual slalom course, well i overshot the hip and flew off the berm to flat and plowed through the ds course (from the side) so i was hitting the sides of kickers and the backsides of berms..

somehow i held on but my friend turned around just in time to see the whole thing and he said it was insane haha, and some guy was just about to race the ds course for a photographer, they said i went really high off the hip lmao. anyways it was harsh but my Norco saved my ass.

Posted: Nov 14, 2007 at 21:29 Quote
watching my friend nose case a 20 foot gap, and then having to do it right after for the first time. And it was my first time hitting anything close to that size

Posted: Nov 14, 2007 at 21:32 Quote
hauling ass down a road and some one opened there car door smashed the window with my head

O+
Posted: Nov 14, 2007 at 21:35 Quote
on that wide open corner on heart of darkness in whistler i didnt brake at all and I hit that boulder and went over the bars and nailed a tree with my head

wtb timberwolfs flexy side knobs didnt help the situation

Posted: Nov 14, 2007 at 21:35 Quote
oh, and at the downhill trails i was ripping down the road to the next trail, the roads really steep and rocky and bad by the way, and i was trying to adjust my helmet going full speed, and just started to wobble, and there was nothing i could do. Went down hard

Posted: Nov 14, 2007 at 21:38 Quote
jeremygosse wrote:
my scariest thing was in the whistler 4x course summer 07, to all who know the track, after the small drop there is quite a g-out table/step-up, and after is a left hand hip into berm. over that berm there is the dual slalom course, well i overshot the hip and flew off the berm to flat and plowed through the ds course (from the side) so i was hitting the sides of kickers and the backsides of berms..

somehow i held on but my friend turned around just in time to see the whole thing and he said it was insane haha, and some guy was just about to race the ds course for a photographer, they said i went really high off the hip lmao. anyways it was harsh but my Norco saved my ass.

HOLY SHIT DUDE I WAS GOING UP THE CHAIRLIFT WHEN THAT HAPPEND i yelled your nuts are pwned..

Posted: Nov 14, 2007 at 21:47 Quote
dexmaster wrote:
jeremygosse wrote:

HOLY SHIT DUDE I WAS GOING UP THE CHAIRLIFT WHEN THAT HAPPEND i yelled your nuts are pwned..

omg dude thats awesome! how'd it look from your view!?!?!

Posted: Nov 14, 2007 at 21:56 Quote
lit bike on fire , stripped naked , and went down Robson St. in Vancouver!

Posted: Nov 15, 2007 at 18:14 Quote
you are the stupides man alive to run nude down the road in Vancouver they must think your on pot
!!!!!!! no affents

Posted: Nov 15, 2007 at 18:23 Quote
bikerbenny wrote:
you are the stupides man alive to run nude down the road in Vancouver they must think your on pot
!!!!!!! no affents

Haha, they wont mind if hes stoned, 3/4's of the people downtown are.

Posted: Nov 15, 2007 at 20:42 Quote
jeremygosse wrote:
dexmaster wrote:
jeremygosse wrote:

hah ai htoguht you were gonna die but you pulled through been a little bumpy though hey hahahaha dude there were about like 5 diff chairs that yelled OHHH SHIT at like the same time soo funny man i'm glad you aiight though lol

Posted: Nov 15, 2007 at 20:45 Quote
dexmaster wrote:
jeremygosse wrote:
dexmaster wrote:

hah ai htoguht you were gonna die but you pulled through been a little bumpy though hey hahahaha dude there were about like 5 diff chairs that yelled OHHH SHIT at like the same time soo funny man i'm glad you aiight though lol

thanks dude, yea im pretty shocked i even made it haha it was awesome, the most intense thing ive done lmao, i dont think ill be doing it again though!

Posted: Nov 15, 2007 at 20:54 Quote
Scariest thing for me was losing the chain at a full sprint and biffing over the bars into traffic. Saw a car go by as I was falling and had to scramble to get out of traffic. Not a bad crash. Just the potential for death scared me.

Mmmmmmm, mortality.

O+
Posted: Nov 15, 2007 at 21:01 Quote
Rode off the side of a trail onto a super steep pitch on the side of a hill once. Picked up too much speed to quickly and lost control. But sweet crashes lead to sweet scars.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.026085
Mobile Version of Website