Twombolts...

PB Forum :: BMX (20")
Twombolts...
  • Previous Page
Posted: Jul 21, 2008 at 9:03 Quote
im still not much for the two piece look. ill be stickin to three pieces till no company makes them anymore

Posted: Jul 21, 2008 at 9:08 Quote
they still use the little plastic band i will never get them till they get rid of the band

Posted: Jul 21, 2008 at 9:08 Quote
I think its an ingenious idea i just hate how much work it is to put together, after looking theres like 12 steps, id rather just have the easy 4 steps to a 3 peice crank.

I deffinetly think i would get twombolts after my trusty 1664's snap

Posted: Jul 21, 2008 at 9:09 Quote
fitlife wrote:
im still not much for the two piece look. ill be stickin to three pieces till no company makes them anymore
Agreed.

Posted: Jul 21, 2008 at 9:16 Quote
ya my 3 piece haven't failed me yet(redlines) but im sure someone will buy it for that aaron ross look...

Posted: Jul 21, 2008 at 10:58 Quote
the name is silly. but the cranks are legit.

Posted: Jul 21, 2008 at 11:55 Quote
drewfunk wrote:

so is funday...

Posted: Jul 21, 2008 at 12:43 Quote
norcoman-1314 wrote:
drewfunk wrote:

so is funday...

at least funday is easier to pronounce. and its fun!

Posted: Jul 21, 2008 at 14:44 Quote
Exactly. How can you not have fun saying FUNDAY!! You could be all...
"Hey guys, check out my awesome new Sunday Funday I got on Monday!"
As opposed to...
"Hey guys, check out my awesome new Odyssey Twombolts I got on Monday..."

Not to mention that this
Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://www.odysseybmx.com/dailyword/archives/11%20sprocket%20seat.jpg
Just seems wrong.

Posted: Jul 21, 2008 at 15:13 Quote
They go on in the same time any other crank would. They're light and fairly strong, plus have a warranty you can't beat.

I don't see what's to dislike.

Posted: Jul 21, 2008 at 15:15 Quote
norcoman-1314 wrote:
i've done worse...

Same and I dont see anything impressive here at all. Just a revised version of a good crank.

Posted: Jul 21, 2008 at 15:15 Quote
So have I, I think most of us have. Doing a ghetto fix is one thing, but when the actual instructions for a installing a part tell you to stick it in a vice grip and pound it with a hammer...It just sends little alarm bells through my head.

Posted: Jul 21, 2008 at 15:39 Quote
lettusdude wrote:
So have I, I think most of us have. Doing a ghetto fix is one thing, but when the actual instructions for a installing a part tell you to stick it in a vice grip and pound it with a hammer...It just sends little alarm bells through my head.
Confused

They suggested you set it on a bench vise (without clamping it) so you could seat the sprocket. You could set it up between two pieces of wood or tables or something and it would do the same thing.

They also said to gently tap it with a rubber mallet, not to pound it with a hammer. Plus to protect the sprocket they said to use wood under it.

The only reason you even have to do this is because the arm has a built in adapter. If you had a sprocket with an adapter you'd still have to hit the adapter onto the sprocket.

Really, it's not a big deal and takes only a second to do.

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.010444
Mobile Version of Website