What is the most important thing for you when you ride

PB Forum :: Off-Topic
What is the most important thing for you when you ride
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Jul 21, 2008 at 15:39 Quote
Hi everyone , here is my question of topic in detail ,( because when im riding i see poeple not concentratiing on what on going on ( riding there bike ) there looking at other rider and judging them base on pure look )
share with me whats important to you at the moment you are waiting to go on the chairlift and looking around what are you thinking ,
here a few example
Me when im waiting im looking around at other rider to see new bike and custom made stuff , i dont care how someone look (colour of there skins , race ages , etc) everyone that look back at me with a smile is a potential friend ( wich is basically what im looking for ) the more the merryer
i dont care what background the person has as long as he/she is here to have fun and enjoy the day with other ,
let me know whats yours
cheers to you all
sincerly
Francois

Posted: Jul 21, 2008 at 16:24 Quote
no one yet ????????2 cents

Mod Plus
Posted: Jul 21, 2008 at 16:37 Quote
I'm a lone wolf... I ride by myself and I don't really try to become part of groups or crowds... If someone wants to ride with me or something I don't care but ya... I tend to stick to myself... So I just look around at stuff... scenery... bikes... trails whatever really

Mod
Posted: Jul 21, 2008 at 17:30 Quote
Hmmm.. my goals are often to keep up with the fast riders or beat them down the hill if possible when I'm dhing. Riding with skill and building up new skills is always a biggy too. I keep my eye out for kids that are injured or have difficulties with their bikes and will help them out, or try to answer their questions about a certain skill if asked. Not doing anything stupid so that I get injured is always a major priority - so never pushing my limits to far. . I don't check out other peoples bikes/gear really cuz it's just another bike/gear - who cares what they are reppin - it's the rider not the bike ( unless it's unusual looking or sounding). Most of all having fun is the number 1 goal

Posted: Jul 22, 2008 at 6:18 Quote
awesome answer thats the kind of attitude i like to see and hear about , cheers you guys

Posted: Jul 22, 2008 at 6:25 Quote
I think the most important things for me are to be one with the trail, when you're flowing a course perfectly and seeing lines form in your head and getting that corner/jump perfect and smooth, I also love the challenge where you are barely able to lift your bike yet, you decide to take the descent and somehow just keep going. I also love the interaction of rider's which you only get with the XC guys or some of the others where they just see you as a person, hauling ass on a bike. Unlike the rest you meet where they judge your bike/components/you on how your bike/components/you look, just to be snob's. I love the feeling of nailing a rock garden or hitting a road gap for the first time too.

...But the best feeling of all is when you do a long XC ride to the top of a huge mountain, and when you get there, look at the awesome view, then just relax and watch everything below you.

Posted: Jul 22, 2008 at 20:41 Quote
I'm usually thinking about my riding...what I can practice more...what I need to improve on. When I'm doing a certain thing I tend to become intensely focused on that one thing, so when I'm riding I'm focused on riding. Sometimes It gets so bad that I wont notice the group of ladies in front of me but I will see a rock or a skid or something that could possibly be ridden.

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.014036
Mobile Version of Website