The BMX Tech and Trick Tips Thread (Share Your Useful Tips Here)

PB Forum :: BMX (20")
The BMX Tech and Trick Tips Thread (Share Your Useful Tips Here)
Posted: Dec 9, 2009 at 23:16 Quote
with vadaar jams i find u have to lean forward a bit more than a normal jam and try to pull your foot against the fork
for can jams i turn my front wheel a tiny bit so its easier to get my foot in the wheel once you can hold them you just goto commit to hop back in which is alot eisier said than done hope this helped Big Grin

Posted: Dec 9, 2009 at 23:19 Quote
can any 1 help with 540 airs i get 360 easy but i level out and front wheel hits the ramp any tips on how to stop this

Posted: Feb 6, 2010 at 7:20 Quote
can someone help me with tailwhipping on banks, i can get it all the way round and i get my legs back over but i always seem to catch the rear axle bolts and not the pedals!

Posted: Feb 6, 2010 at 13:46 Quote
i would say u might have to keep your weight a little further forward and try and tuck your feet up and look at the pedals the whole way around

Posted: Feb 6, 2010 at 13:50 Quote
jump higher and spin the bike slower, the quicker it spins the harder to catch.

Posted: May 1, 2012 at 12:10 Quote
Anyone got any ideas with tuck no's ?? I can get the bars tucked and take my hands off i just cant seem to catch them in time ?? any Ideas ??

Posted: May 1, 2012 at 12:23 Quote
Start smLl akd get them bigger and bogger that way ypu get more comfortable doing them and getting hands back on

Posted: Jul 3, 2012 at 19:46 Quote
dead thread, this was good so lets try to get it going again.

Posted: Jul 9, 2012 at 16:36 Quote
ok tips on airs; go quicker then you feel comfortable doing, you should feel like you going to fast it should be kinda scary, as you hit the bottom of the ramp compress down as if your trying to press down into it then as you start to go up the transition lean back like your trying to manual up the ramp, both your wheels should then hit the coping on the way up, by leaning back it means you are back over the ramp, you should feel like your kinda snapping of the coping when your rear wheel hits it then turn your head and carve back untill your coming back down straight, push down with your front wheel so it hits the ramp first, your rear wheel will then land in the same place providing you dont push out with your legs, then youll land and now you want to compress again and pump back out of the transition. good luck guys

Posted: Jul 11, 2012 at 5:02 Quote
Has anyone got any advice on grinds im finding it hard to get any landed ?? I usually either miss the rail or overdo it ??

Posted: Jul 11, 2012 at 6:02 Quote
if youre missing the rail, go a bit faster. jogging pace is a good speed to learn. also try doing them on ledges first as its much easier.

from the sounds of it you just need to relax. look at the rail going into it i usually look at it when its 10-15ft away, hop and focus on the rail during the grind, then spot where you want to land. other than that its just practice.

Posted: Jul 11, 2012 at 8:02 Quote
yo13bo wrote:
if youre missing the rail, go a bit faster. jogging pace is a good speed to learn. also try doing them on ledges first as its much easier.

from the sounds of it you just need to relax. look at the rail going into it i usually look at it when its 10-15ft away, hop and focus on the rail during the grind, then spot where you want to land. other than that its just practice.
Chrz man Smile

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.038219
Mobile Version of Website