What Kind of Cameras Do You Guys Have?

PB Forum :: Biking Photos
What Kind of Cameras Do You Guys Have?
Posted: Dec 9, 2017 at 23:52 Quote
bbphoto wrote:

Fuji is tempting - how's it comparing so far? Battery-life/weights/focus/lens performance? I'm coming from 5D3 16-35f4, 35f1.4, 50f1.2, 135f2, 24-70f2.8ii for reference.

Battery life depends on how you setup the camera. I only shoot through the viewfinder unless the angle of the photo forces me otherwise. I can say the Canon batteries will last a lot longer but for me that’s not a dealbreaker. I’ve got the grip including two additional batteries so I’m pretty much covered. The 4K video output is very nice, as is the JPG straight from the camera.

I notice I need to spend less time editing photos and I often use the WiFi connection to send the pictures to my phone i.e. without even editing at all.

If you change, make sure to watch some videos that explain you how to set up the Fuji and then take it from there to personalize. Sometimes the camera can be unforgiving if you don’t use the proper settings. It’s not the cameras fault in the end but simply your own lack of attention or knowledge.

In terms of lenses, I love the 50-140 for sports and the 16mm for its wide angle without too much distortion. The 56 is nice but sometimes a bit slow on the AF in my experience. I’ll be looking into their latest macro lens that I think will be a similar versatile lens as the Canon 100mm 2.8 IS is.

Posted: Dec 25, 2017 at 15:28 Quote
i carry canon T5 with its kit 18-55 with my in an osprey hydration pack. i've started using a 1.5 L rather than the 2.0L bladder, which creates a little more space for the camera which i do NOT transport in the same compartment as the bladder.

i also own a nikon D7100 on which i keep a nikkor 18-200 VR attached to most of the time and a D80 paired with a nikon 18-105.

both the nikon cameras are too heavy and bulky to carry in my osprey on most rides. the T5 is about just right for me in terms of portability, image quality and price.

the thing is, i didn't buy this camera intending to use carry it on rides; i ended up with it when a metal tab on the lens ring of a nikon camera snapped off on me in the middle of nebraska. i needed an emergency replacement and the local target store only had a few cheap canon DSLRs in stock.

Posted: Dec 28, 2017 at 8:32 Quote
codak wrote:
Any Sony Alpha users out there? I've been looking at the pros and cons and was wondering how you guys like shooting action photos with them?

I currently have a broken 5d mkii and am looking to make the switch over to a Sony A7. There are rumors about the A7iii coming out this fall, so I may hold off to see how the specs turn out.

I'm currently shooting on an A7Rii and trying to decide between A7Riii and the A9. They're both amazing cameras for different reasons. No problems with the A7Rii, it's an amazing camera. A bit of a learning curve switching from Nikon, but that's going to happen with any change in brands.

Posted: Mar 22, 2018 at 15:49 Quote
I have been a Nikon shooter for about ten years now, but I just pre ordered the Sony A73 for video/stills. I primarily shoot a Nikon D4 with a D700 and more recently a D500 as a secondary. Really looking forward to having the Sony as a smaller option with more powerful video features. I feel like Nikon has really left me hanging with lack of video features. Even the D850 seems to have some fatal flaws in terms of video. That being said I will be demoing the D850 as soon as its available from NPS, as a possible replacement for my D4.

For those of you that are Sony shooters, any feedback on the new 24-105 F4 lens? Its either going to be that or the 24-70 GM if I can swing it.

Posted: Mar 26, 2018 at 9:38 Quote
I'd move to a Sony if I could take my Nikon glass with me. The adapters out there just don't cut it.

Posted: Apr 26, 2018 at 13:52 Quote
It's been a while since I've posted in here, and I've upgraded virtually every part of my kit. Currently shooting with:

Canon 7Dmkii
Canon 70-200 2.8 is ii
Canon 24-70 2.8
Tamron 10-24 3.5-4.5
Canon 2x extender ii

SUPER happy with my setup as it stands.

Posted: Apr 30, 2018 at 4:55 Quote
Hi there Big Grin
I currently shoot with a Canon 1Ds Mark III with this lenses:
Canon 70-200 2.8 IS II
Canon 24-105 f/4
Canon 50 1.8
Zenitar 16mm 2.8 (fisheye)

Posted: Apr 30, 2018 at 15:46 Quote
I've officially jumped ships. Since I started taking photos I have always used Canon, but recently I picked up the Sony A7iii. So far the camera has been great, the last canon I was using was a 7d, so going back to full frame is great! The AF works pretty good with the MC11 adapter, but I look forward to getting a proper emount lens soon.

Here was one of my first shots with the A7iii with a EF17-40. The AF hit the subject bang on while panning, even with the Canon lens!

Boosted Board

Posted: May 1, 2018 at 5:35 Quote
Hi,
Just after a bit of advice. I currently use a cannon 1100d with a tamron 18-200 lens. I'm looking at upgrading to either a Sony Alpha with a 16mm lens or a Cannon EOS M3 with a standard 18-55 IS STM. Both of these (second hand would come in under £300, has anyone any opinions on them or other options?

Thanks

Posted: May 3, 2018 at 16:00 Quote
hairy-g wrote:
Hi,
Just after a bit of advice. I currently use a cannon 1100d with a tamron 18-200 lens. I'm looking at upgrading to either a Sony Alpha with a 16mm lens or a Cannon EOS M3 with a standard 18-55 IS STM. Both of these (second hand would come in under £300, has anyone any opinions on them or other options?

Thanks
1100D isn´t a bad camera for the price I used it as a second body a couple of times and really suprised me, in fact IMO it handles better the noise than my old 7D. The sharpness (even with a top lens) and the dynamic range are de cons. However you can create nice pictures with it:

Now, if I have to choose betwen the Canon M3 or de Sony (guess the A6000?) I keep with the Sony.
But I still lovomg DSLR´s so my advice is to keep the 1100D, buy an extra lens
and once you have squeezed it completely replace it with a newer or better model. That is what I made with my 7D, changed it to an older but much better 1Ds Mark III.

Posted: May 21, 2018 at 3:58 Quote
The best is to bet on lens, moving to better body but entry level lens will prevent to fully exploit the camera potential.
While doing the opposite, lesser body but great lens will allow to fully exploit the camera.
But yes entry level cameras can be fustrating due to limitations.
Sigma have some neat 1.8 and 2.8 lens.

So if you think updating the body, get a nice lens too or at least keep lens update in mind, just don’t settle for nice body and mediocre lens.
Just m’y 2cts

Have a good day

Posted: Jul 15, 2018 at 2:56 Quote
I had an AKASO Brave 5 action camera, but I broke it when I fell.Rolleyes The camera is cheap, but the video quality leaves much to be desired.

Tell me what camera is better for mounting on a helmet?

UPD

Researched a bit and found that TomTom Bandit is ideal for me.
If somebody interested there is good review for this

So I really think, it is great choice for my task. Will write later.

Posted: Aug 27, 2018 at 5:15 Quote
GoPro Hero 5 Session is good enough and best part of it is that it is cheaper than normal version.

Posted: Aug 27, 2018 at 9:58 Quote
What ya'll think of Nikon's new Z-Series?

Lots of complaints about needing an adapter to run old F-Mount lenses, and it likely won't have a focus motor in the body, so older lens lacking in-lens motors will be manual focus.

Also only has a single card slot, which wedding photographers will bemoan. There is some talk that a battery grip will remedy this, though.

Posted: Sep 4, 2018 at 5:34 Quote
My current camera set up is:
Canon EOS 5D
Canon EOS 20D
Canon 70-200f2.8L
Canon 24-105f4L
Canon 50f1.4
Canon 40f2.8

Canon Powershot S90

Most of the time I use the S90 or my iPhone, as the canon gear is too big/weildy to carry on the bike, or whilst wrangling a small child, which is what I seem to be doing when I'm not on my bike.

As such, I am looking to upgrade/swap to a smaller system, possibly a Canon M6, but more than likely a Fuji system. Unfortunately I don't have the cash to go Sony A7 or Canon's new FF mirrorless.

Has anyone else made the move from FF DSLR to Fuji? Do you take your mirrorless system out on your bike?

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2018. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.022711
Mobile Version of Website