Frames - Giant Glory, Iron Horse Sunday or Cove Shocker?

PB Forum :: Downhill
Frames - Giant Glory, Iron Horse Sunday or Cove Shocker?
Posted: Aug 1, 2008 at 18:13 Quote
Maestro IS THE SAME AS DW. They're the same. So, what it comes down to between the glory and the sunday is geo, price, and weight. Sunday wins in geo, I believe. Rather slack, rater low. It obviously wins in weight. Price? That's all local.
Cove? Great ride, and yet again, is very similar to the other two.

ya I guess your right but I still like the way the glory feels.

Posted: Aug 2, 2008 at 11:57 Quote
j-peters wrote:
wrong
what do ya mean wrong.

O+ FL
Posted: Aug 18, 2008 at 14:05 Quote
my self i ride a sunday and it the best pedaling bike i have ever ridden... it fast agyle, and cornners amazing. the bike i got built up is at 38 or 39 last i checked so the bike can be built up supper light. The sunday pedals amazing as well with very very little noticable pedal bob.

I know people that ride giants and shockers, one of them is mitch who posted above, they ride very very well, i dont know much about them tech wise but they are race bread and made to be light and fast. the susspenison on the glory and sunday have similarites but are totaly differnt which is why the glory suspension is not DW-LINK.

My other buddy rocks out on the cove shocker and loves that bike, and has had no problems with the bike except getting a der hanger for it, but none the less the bike still shreds hard, and feels supper nice.

Mitch made a point of getting parts for Ironhorse being hard, well that is 100% true i know people in the comapny and they will admit that it is horibble trying to get parts, and i my self spent over 2 months waiting for some parts which led me not being able to ride.

In the end it price, glory frame only i belive is cheaper than sunday and shocker. so go out demo the bikes if you can and choose the one you like best.

FL
Posted: Aug 18, 2008 at 14:11 Quote
sunday pedal real well on the flat but are the worst pedalling bike in the world on a dh track, even with 165mm crank arms, all u hear if you try pedaling through a remotly rough section is clunk... clunk... clunk and so on.
however they corner and flot over rock and roots amazingly well
glory, corner very well to and dont have such a big issue with pedaling on rough stuff.
an i have never ridden a shocker.

O+ FL
Posted: Aug 18, 2008 at 14:13 Quote
extremedhracer wrote:
sunday pedal real well on the flat but are the worst pedalling bike in the world on a dh track, even with 165mm crank arms, all u hear if you try pedaling through a remotly rough section is clunk... clunk... clunk and so on.
however they corner and flot over rock and roots amazingly well
glory, corner very well to and dont have such a big issue with pedaling on rough stuff.
an i have never ridden a shocker.

i have been ridding a sunday for almsot 3 seassons now, and have only ran into low bb height problems 3 or 4 times, and in most cases it when u land a drop and the bb has lowered due to the suspension sucking the drop up and trying to pedal, and i have 170, but it is all personal preference. but i have had no problems with crank clearence

FL
Posted: Aug 18, 2008 at 14:16 Quote
arr well, i have bent 3 crank arm, trying to pedal through rough stuff so i given up now, and jumps pump like mad and wait till a nice smooth section to really put the power down, they carry speed so well, i dont usualy need to pedal tho

Posted: Aug 18, 2008 at 14:17 Quote
banshee scythe stronger and faster than any of the above fact
and much more fun

O+ FL
Posted: Aug 18, 2008 at 14:21 Quote
SIDESHOWBOB wrote:
banshee scythe stronger and faster than any of the above fact
and much more fun

i belive that the glory shocker and sunday out pedal the banshee

Posted: Aug 18, 2008 at 14:27 Quote
i would go cove...there bikes are so sick and everyone that has ridden the shocker loves it

Posted: Aug 18, 2008 at 14:36 Quote
i find it hard to belive that thos three bikes would out pedal the scythe it really is different to the old banshee stuff and is very fast and corners better than pretty much anything imo

Posted: Aug 18, 2008 at 14:44 Quote
they are all sick bikes.

i dunno about the ironhorse tho, its a good bike but something seems fishy about their future as a buisness, Ive heard some scary things are going to happen next year.

Posted: Aug 18, 2008 at 14:50 Quote
like what you must tell

O+ FL
Posted: Aug 18, 2008 at 16:51 Quote
with banshee beeing good i never said they werent but they have totaly differnt susspension design, now im going on just facts now till i ride one latter in the month.

and ironhorse well there will be ironhorse they just purchased elthsowrth suspension desgin and will be using that, there will be sundays for one more yeaer... but nothing with dw link will be made past december 30 2008 so all bikes for next seasson are being pre-made.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.012854
Mobile Version of Website