HELP..... Buying Totem in under 2hours..Solo or Coil?

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
HELP..... Buying Totem in under 2hours..Solo or Coil?
Posted: Mar 1, 2009 at 9:54 Quote
dg85 wrote:
marquis wrote:
rohan- wrote:

Views: 4,107    Faves: 2    Comments: 47

there you go.. tell me what you think
thanks!
tom.

first check your headset as due to the hollow nature of modern alluminum frames the sound travels an awful lot.

take of the spring topcap and have a look to see if theres any preload spacers in there.

but i wouldnt worry to much some forks do it and some dont,cant hurt to check all fixtures are snug though.

that doesnt sound like the totem making the noise. it def sounds like a headset or something like that

when he gets some weight behind it its ok like deeper into the travel,if it is the fork it could be just a preload spacer missing but thats guessing.

Posted: Mar 1, 2009 at 9:57 Quote
marquis wrote:
dg85 wrote:
marquis wrote:

first check your headset as due to the hollow nature of modern alluminum frames the sound travels an awful lot.

take of the spring topcap and have a look to see if theres any preload spacers in there.

but i wouldnt worry to much some forks do it and some dont,cant hurt to check all fixtures are snug though.

that doesnt sound like the totem making the noise. it def sounds like a headset or something like that

when he gets some weight behind it its ok like deeper into the travel,if it is the fork it could be just a preload spacer missing but thats guessing.
i think its a good thing that its not the whole travel thats making noise.
i kno that its the fork making the noises...

Posted: Mar 1, 2009 at 10:08 Quote
rohan- wrote:
marquis wrote:
dg85 wrote:

i think its a good thing that its not the whole travel thats making noise.
i kno that its the fork making the noises...
its just quite a loud metal noise and inside the fork i cant think of anything that would make a noise like that, even the spring is coated in soft paint and the cap is pretty thick where the preload spacer goes

Posted: Mar 1, 2009 at 13:54 Quote
rohan, remove your spring, re-align your shrink wrap, give it a good greasing (with suspension grease only) and re-install it.

Posted: Mar 1, 2009 at 14:19 Quote
dh-pete wrote:
rohan, remove your spring, re-align your shrink wrap, give it a good greasing (with suspension grease only) and re-install it.
u think thats the problem?

Posted: Mar 1, 2009 at 14:47 Quote
Yes, I do. The shrink wrap usually muffles any noise from the spring hitting the inside of the fork leg, but it can be pulled away from the constant hitting. Mine did the same, but on my pikes.

Posted: Mar 1, 2009 at 14:51 Quote
dh-pete wrote:
Yes, I do. The shrink wrap usually muffles any noise from the spring hitting the inside of the fork leg, but it can be pulled away from the constant hitting. Mine did the same, but on my pikes.
kk thanks for the advice
ill have it sorted out soon

O+
Posted: Feb 1, 2010 at 22:23 Quote
i have a solo air and i blew the seals. the air is really smooth tho.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.022995
Mobile Version of Website