Why should English Pinkbike members be forced to choose 'United Kingdom' as their nationality?

PB Forum :: Bug Reports
Why should English Pinkbike members be forced to choose 'United Kingdom' as their nationality?
Previous Page |
Posted: Jul 29, 2008 at 16:22 Quote
The Scots and the Welsh have the option to choose their own home nation, which they tend to do, even though their passports are British! And yet I can not choose 'English' my only choice is 'United Kingdom'. I just think this is really unfair and slightly racist.

(This thread is by no means a dig at Scottish or Welsh members of the site, so get over it!)

Posted: Jul 29, 2008 at 16:33 Quote
Ha HA whinging like a true Englishman.
But I agree it is a bit strange that you can not just choose English

Posted: Jul 29, 2008 at 17:03 Quote
yeah wen i signed up to this site i looked for england. but obviously as it isnt on couldnt find it.

yeah definetly i think we should get to choose england as our country. is kind of racist too!

Posted: Jul 29, 2008 at 17:06 Quote
well apparently labbeling ourselves as "welsh" or scottish" etc.. is nationalist, which is why some people prefer to be called british than welsh or scottish etc.. (or vice versa)

but i agree that english users should have the choice Smile

Posted: Jul 29, 2008 at 17:11 Quote
extention wrote:
Simply ignorant.

Posted: Jul 29, 2008 at 18:38 Quote
dhpete93 wrote:
extention wrote:
Simply ignorant.

Have you not heard the saying "Whinging poms" before? we use it all the time in Australia

Posted: Jul 29, 2008 at 23:45 Quote
watch how fast this gets shut down

Posted: Jul 29, 2008 at 23:47 Quote
you-can-ride-my-kona wrote:
wow!!!! its Racist! omg you british people realy make me want to throw up! its just a litle mistake get over. no wonder you guys are the gay capital of the world!Fab

You my friend, are stupid.

Posted: Jul 29, 2008 at 23:51 Quote
extention wrote:
Have you not heard the saying "Whinging poms" before? we use it all the time in Australia

lol

Posted: Jul 30, 2008 at 0:08 Quote
well what if one is half and half; can one choose all nationalities

or even worse what if one has grandparents from differing nationalities on either side equivocating to a possible four nationalities.

but then again it is the www but lets us adhere to tradition i say Smile

Posted: Jul 30, 2008 at 0:23 Quote
Yup - I think we should have English nationality too - devolved power and all that political stuff Smile

Posted: Jul 30, 2008 at 0:32 Quote
I'm happy not to have an English option - it's like if you wear a t-shirt with your national flag on it - if it's a Scottish or Welsh or Irish flag, it shows you're proud of your country. If it's English, it makes you look like a racist football hooligan. I'm English, but have no problem describing myself as British.

Posted: Jul 30, 2008 at 0:48 Quote
extention wrote:
watch how fast this gets shut down

For what reason?

Previous Page |

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.010592
Mobile Version of Website