Why should English Pinkbike members be forced to choose 'United Kingdom' as their nationality?

PB Forum :: Bug Reports
Why should English Pinkbike members be forced to choose 'United Kingdom' as their nationality?
Posted: Oct 20, 2008 at 9:06 Quote
I think it seems unjust that England seems to be one of the only countries not recognised on Pinkbike, surely it deserves to recognised as we have some of the best Downhill racers in the world?
Also to all the Americans making reference to the American revolution, to be honest no one cares? It was 232 years ago and yes we lost one colony, we used to own 1/4 of the world? And it was some loss, the Americans are the most arrogant and self richeous people in the world, you are the most unpopular people in the world. And just a final point, what language do you speak?
xx

Posted: Oct 20, 2008 at 9:08 Quote
gaz321 wrote:
I think it seems unjust that England seems to be one of the only countries not recognised on Pinkbike, surely it deserves to recognised as we have some of the best Downhill racers in the world?
Also to all the Americans making reference to the American revolution, to be honest no one cares? It was 232 years ago and yes we lost one colony, we used to own 1/4 of the world? And it was some loss, the Americans are the most arrogant and self richeous people in the world, you are the most unpopular people in the world. And just a final point, what language do you speak?
xx

Stop trying to e-fight americans. It's been explained and it isn't a big deal.

Posted: Oct 20, 2008 at 9:19 Quote
he's.......british.........Blank Stare

Mod Plus
Posted: Oct 20, 2008 at 9:24 Quote
gaz321 wrote:
xx

We actually had three fifths at the peak of the empire (and that was after we lost the USA). The American war of independence is still a very important part of history, with lessons for all. And, although America's current leaders are ******** **** and it's foreign policy is, well, about the worst there is (and has been on and off for the last 150 years) Americans in general seem to be among the nicest and most gracious people out there. Please don't confuse a nations politics with it's people. Remember, the British Empire didn't come about by countries asking to join. We stormed across the globe and massacred countless men women and children. Oh, and we started, funded, insured, and built our economy on the slave trade.
That being said, c'mon Pinkbike, let's have England recognized Smile

Posted: Oct 20, 2008 at 9:49 Quote
A valid point sir, I am in no way condoning the actions of the British and the manner in which they aquired many of the colonies however the world would be a very different place if it had not happened?
However there is evidence that the English gained morality on foreign afrairs over 100 years ago as one of the reasons for the torys losing the 1906 election was the unpopularity of their support for Chinese slavery in British colonies as many voters found it imoral . . . I realise that is slightly irrelevant however everyone else is historical facts around so i though i'd whap a few in. I also appologise for my ignorant comment about the American people.

Posted: Oct 20, 2008 at 10:09 Quote
cowieuk wrote:
gaz321 wrote:
xx

Stop trying to e-fight americans. It's been explained and it isn't a big deal.

It has been explained (though not very well), and you may not consider it a 'big deal', but I noticed that you have the Scottish flag showing. Would you like to change it to the Union Jack?, probably not. So, it may not be a big deal to you, but it is to some of us.

Posted: Oct 20, 2008 at 10:13 Quote
yeh wtfs up with that, you can be scottish but not english?

i think they should have an english option, none of this political correctness bollocks!

Posted: Oct 20, 2008 at 10:15 Quote
Very well said, and offering you opinion is not "e-fighting"?

Posted: Oct 20, 2008 at 10:15 Quote
TheShad wrote:

It has been explained (though not very well), and you may not consider it a 'big deal', but I noticed that you have the Scottish flag showing. Would you like to change it to the Union Jack?, probably not. So, it may not be a big deal to you, but it is to some of us.

I wouldn't care if they got rid of the scottish flag on here, it's only a flag, its the internet it doesn't matter.

Posted: Oct 20, 2008 at 10:17 Quote
cowieuk wrote:
TheShad wrote:

I wouldn't care if they got rid of the scottish flag on here, it's only a flag, its the internet it doesn't matter.

OK, so change yours to the Union Jack.

Posted: Oct 20, 2008 at 10:20 Quote
TheShad wrote:
cowieuk wrote:
TheShad wrote:

OK, so change yours to the Union Jack.

i agree, if you change it to union jack ill never post in this thread again!

Posted: Oct 20, 2008 at 10:21 Quote
gaz321 wrote:
xx

lol you never sen peaty at the bottom of a run when hes won then holding the union flag.

Posted: Oct 20, 2008 at 10:27 Quote
shearny wrote:

i agree, if you change it to union jack ill never post in this thread again!

Smile
its not a big deal, all the flag does is point me out to other scottish riders nothing else.

Posted: Oct 20, 2008 at 10:33 Quote
It would appear you have taken the moral high ground, congratulations, however i think there would be very few of your countrymen who would join you.

Posted: Oct 20, 2008 at 10:36 Quote
Haha we want to be English until Chris Hoy or Andy Murray win somthing then we want to be British!

Anyway i agree we should have an english flag!

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.015800
Mobile Version of Website