Can Spoiled Kids Ride?

PB Forum :: Downhill
Can Spoiled Kids Ride?
  • Previous Page
Posted: Jul 30, 2008 at 0:26 Quote
ok this tread isnt to bag on anybody its just my opinion that i dont think that kids that buy brand new exspensive bikes cant ride. personally i think they think if they buy a nice good 3000$+ bike it will make them better. so i was wondering do you think rich spoiled kids can actually ride? please state your opinion

Posted: Jul 30, 2008 at 0:43 Quote
well i kinda think its like this in every sport but how do u know they didnt work or save up for there bikes??

and i think a spoiled kid could ride it just depends if hes really into it and i guess in most cases they cant because they havent worked for that there riding and mabey there just staring and dont want to get picked on
??

Posted: Jul 30, 2008 at 0:47 Quote
i built up and £800 hardtail over two years, loved building it with money i worked for, then realised i couldnt ride for toffee and sold it (: im not spoiled but an expensive bike doesnt help you ride

Posted: Jul 30, 2008 at 0:51 Quote
I think it's like this, when someone saves up for a bike for I dunno, a year or so, when they get it, they'll shit there pants in happiness. But when some rich kid goes to there parents and says can I have a v10 and they say yes,when they get it, they won't be as happy as if they worked for it. But if theres a kid that starts out biking i doubt they need a really nice bike right away.

Posted: Jul 30, 2008 at 1:08 Quote
i think basically that spoilt kids cant ride well the at least dont appreciate what they ride, lets say ive been building my bike up for a year now and have put in alot of hard effort into being able to build it up so i really appreciate whats on my bike where as spoilt kids are gonna ask their mmum and dads for a new bike and get a top notch one and wont have a clue what it does so aint gonna appreciate what it does or is used for.

O+
Posted: Jan 28, 2015 at 19:28 Quote
Insane gravedig but spoiled kids in this sport piss me off. My friend's dad is a trust fund baby who bought my friend a $3000 bike when he's going to college in LA next year and won't even ride it. He doesn't appreciate it at all but convinces himself riding it will make him better than riding a hardtail. I like him a lot but he is sooo spoiled and has no gratitude

Posted: Jan 29, 2015 at 4:25 Quote
How the hell did you find.this thread ?

O+
Posted: Jan 29, 2015 at 7:48 Quote
I was pissed off, thought about starting a thread, but then searched and opted to gravedig over starting a new one. I didn't expect any of the posters to be active anymore

Posted: Jan 29, 2015 at 10:09 Quote
The majority of Freeride/DH pros were born without a care in the world.

Posted: Jan 29, 2015 at 21:33 Quote
Whoa this is brought back from the dead. If you want to talk about dudes on two wheels being spoiled and not being able to ride, don't look at any moto cross racer. Most of those kids came from money. the others like Pastrana had their families put up second mortgages on all their homes to get there. One could call that being spoiled too. I mean thats one hell of a risk.

If you knew what it cost to race a moto season you would think your full tilt DH dream build was a walmart mongoose. If you are just talking money they are very spoiled.

I think there needs to be a differentiation here, can ungrateful shits ride? well I bet some of them can too.

But just because someone may be spoiled and or even a brat has little to do with someone having a talent and drive. Yes it is rare for a spoiled brat to have drive but it does happen.

Earning your bike with every penny you have doesn't mean you can ride either! Nor does it mean you have any more right to be on a bike or that you should magically be gifted with drive or riding talents haha.

Don't worry about others anyway, ride your bike and have fun.

Posted: Jan 29, 2015 at 21:50 Quote
Let us not forget being spoiled is not just about money, lets talk location for dh

Posted: Jan 29, 2015 at 22:19 Quote
Seriously, though. A bike costs $2,500.

Posted: Jan 30, 2015 at 1:23 Quote
This stuff really annoys me and it mostly comes from people that are jealous as they cant afford it themselves. You or your parents financial background has nothing to do with your ability to ride a bike. We all want saint gear, d3s and carbon this and that. I have worked hard to have a good career when I have kids if I can spoil them dam right I will - and wont let someone else's insecurities stop me from doing that.

Posted: Jan 30, 2015 at 4:09 Quote
joepuddle wrote:
This stuff really annoys me and it mostly comes from people that are jealous as they cant afford it themselves. You or your parents financial background has nothing to do with your ability to ride a bike. We all want saint gear, d3s and carbon this and that. I have worked hard to have a good career when I have kids if I can spoil them dam right I will - and wont let someone else's insecurities stop me from doing that.

i think this guy means those bratty rich kids noone likes because momy and daddy have handed them everything they have ever wanted to they dont have a job go around and brag. the ones that as soon as mommy and daddy cut off the money they fall on their face ect.. i hope ur getting my drift on what kind of rich kids. i have kids
and will spoil them but to a point there are still life lessons they need to learn like the meaning of money and that you have to work for things you want not just point at them and go i want it. and to answer the question of the forum i beleive it depends on the kid. not weather he is spoiled or not but weather he got the bike because he loves riding or just got the bike because he had nothing better to buy or was jeleouse a couple buddys had something he didnt so had to wave money around to have more things than they did.

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.013359
Mobile Version of Website