Petition to start *****LEGAL DIRT JUMPS IN CALGARY*****

PB Forum :: Canada - West
Petition to start *****LEGAL DIRT JUMPS IN CALGARY*****
Posted: Nov 11, 2008 at 13:59 Quote
fallline wrote:
if approved a group like graicty logic, or trail crew designs would most liklely be comissioned by they city and with city planners they would build and design the park.
yah thats true
the city letting a bunch of kids build dirt jumps isn't going to happen

O+
Posted: Nov 11, 2008 at 14:02 Quote
PigeonLake wrote:
Zako wrote:
PigeonLake wrote:

that kinda defeats the whole "legal" part...
Your completely right but who would build the jumps if we did get approved

depends where they were being built.
If it was somewhere in the NW i'd help for sure
yup. same here

Posted: Nov 11, 2008 at 14:06 Quote
im def. in guys

Posted: Nov 11, 2008 at 16:57 Quote
KonaShred21 wrote:
PigeonLake wrote:
Zako wrote:

Your completely right but who would build the jumps if we did get approved

depends where they were being built.
If it was somewhere in the NW i'd help for sure
yup. same here

im in no matter where in calgary they are

O+
Posted: Nov 13, 2008 at 14:45 Quote
Heres link again

http://calgary-dj-park.petitionhost.com/

Posted: Nov 13, 2008 at 14:49 Quote
andrew young 14 years of age

Posted: Nov 14, 2008 at 20:37 Quote
Also signed. I'm tired of the city destroying everything I build. I was think though, that contacting the alderman for your area is the best way to get it to city council

Posted: Aug 20, 2009 at 0:13 Quote
huckamadfatty wrote:
-Dandaman- wrote:
i doubt the convience store will like that every ten minutes some kid comes, takes a crap and leaves without buying anything
well maybe someone will donate money for washrooms to e built?
the thing is there will have to be a female one too.
even though the majority of dirtjumpers are male.

a thing that would help the washrooms idea is that if the dirt jump park was built at glenmore the washrooms could also be used by people going by on the bike/walking path, that many people use. The city might like that idea because then the washrooms benefit not only the dj park but also the people walking or riding on the path.

O+
Posted: Aug 20, 2009 at 5:08 Quote
I have a email sent in to, two inside sources at the city. Few months back i was told that right now a proposal has been made up and put together. Also fro my understanding both gravity logic (boys that built whistler bike park) and Jay Hoots have been contacted.

Once again all keep you guys updated when i know more or have information to share.

Best thing you can do is go to you alderman, and voice that we need a dirt jump facility to ride one. So that we will stop building random, and some times un safe jumps all around the city etc.

have a good one guys and keep on trying, we will get a park built.

Reilly

Posted: Sep 28, 2009 at 21:35 Quote
Its just a dirt jump park! what will happen? The government has the right to put:" use at your own risk" sign. Take millenium sk8 park for example. That place has some pretty sweet stuff, how come they don't tear that down then? They aparently took down the glenmore jumps too. how pathetic!

O+
Posted: Oct 25, 2009 at 20:24 Quote
Just a heads up if anyone gets a chance to voice an opinion on who builds the park do not vote for hoots he made a sad sad excuse of a park out in Chestermere. It used to be 100X beter then what it is today.

Ryan

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.014278
Mobile Version of Website