What do you fear most?

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
What do you fear most?
Posted: Jul 30, 2008 at 14:07 Quote
kargol15 wrote:
nose casing something and eating dirt

that should never happen if you bail. if you are scarred and freaze in the air and just hold on is when you can case front tire and get hurt. get use to bailing so you won't be scared of that

Posted: Jul 30, 2008 at 14:17 Quote
sheepsrider wrote:
kargol15 wrote:
nose casing something and eating dirt

that should never happen if you bail. if you are scarred and freaze in the air and just hold on is when you can case front tire and get hurt. get use to bailing so you won't be scared of that

I still pull a deadsailor from time to time, I fear nosing over off a huge DH booter more than nose casing it.

Posted: Jul 30, 2008 at 14:24 Quote
I don't know what I fear to be honest, maybe it's trying jumps bigger than I've done before... or gaps between jumps.

There is a huge jump with pathway in the middle then a transition landing, I'll hit it at full speed and not be scared, but the same jump with a gap in the middle I probably wouldn't even try.

Not sure why, the only time I've ever really gotten hurt riding was when I was little and didn't know how to take off from a jump and I nose dived.

Now with big jumps I find I can't keep my legs extended and they suck up the jump DH racing style... Frown I'm not good at getting huge air. Better at keeping my bike on the ground Haha.

Posted: Jul 30, 2008 at 14:27 Quote
im really strange, im constantly thinking that my wheels are going to fall off lol

Posted: Jul 30, 2008 at 14:28 Quote
breaking my bars when landing and eating my stem Eek

Posted: Jul 30, 2008 at 14:28 Quote
breaking my already dead wrist again in a sick over the bars faceplant?

Posted: Jul 30, 2008 at 14:29 Quote
norco66vf wrote:
breaking my bars when landing and eating my stem Eek

all I can say is, that would suck!!

Posted: Jul 30, 2008 at 14:40 Quote
medium/big doubles.. don't know why, the gap is a mental thing. But knowing you can't **** up is a lot of pressure.

Posted: Jul 30, 2008 at 14:41 Quote
1. breaking my bars and eating the stem (dude mentioned up earlier)
2. rims tacoing on me
3. north shore and other skinny ladder bridge stuff with large gaps and a high fall

Posted: Jul 30, 2008 at 14:44 Quote
I worry that the kick wont be right, sometimes you just get dirty vibes off jumps, but most of the time its just in your head

Posted: Jul 30, 2008 at 15:58 Quote
just drifting in air lol it happends to me because of kicks that are in poor conditions and also going 2 fast and land to close to the next jump and not have time to reposition my self. it happend to my buddy his chest went right on the stem he didnt ride the whole day after that.

Posted: Aug 2, 2008 at 7:45 Quote
silverbiker wrote:
Break my teethConfused

have to agree on that one

Posted: Aug 2, 2008 at 8:25 Quote
breaking myself. that would suck, cuz it can be really, really hard to find replacement parts, if not impossible.

Posted: Aug 2, 2008 at 8:39 Quote
i would have to say crashing in some way that joints like elbows and knees bend back the wrong way. it just looks wrong.

yeah and the handlebars breaking and busting out your teeth would suck but i don't really think about that.

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.010384
Mobile Version of Website