Maine riding!

PB Forum :: USA - East
Maine riding!
Posted: Aug 11, 2008 at 14:40 Quote
Jocool wrote:
RockyMountainPride wrote:
Jocool wrote:

Maine was really a nice place to be but Damn their are soooo much people.

Thanks anywaise for all you guys help.

Ha! Those are what we call tourists... and the reason you didnt see any DH bikes is Maine is basically a road state. Only Sunday R. has DH and that aways from the main areas.
Yeah, 3/4 of all the tourists I saw were from Quebec.
Then their was me. The Ontarian!

I was refered to a shop called Poppa-wheelies in Portsmouth NH. Is it any good?

Yep Papas is god. I have a friend who works their. Not many shops in Maine know a lot about high end stuff. Once you head west it gets a little better.

Posted: Aug 11, 2008 at 14:50 Quote
I know it's too lat to help but theres a place I'm going to in October call Backcountry Excursions. It's in Parsonsfield in the foothills of the White Mountains. Google it for next time and I'll post something after I check it out.

Posted: Aug 11, 2008 at 16:09 Quote
rescuetool wrote:
I know it's too lat to help but theres a place I'm going to in October call Backcountry Excursions. It's in Parsonsfield in the foothills of the White Mountains. Google it for next time and I'll post something after I check it out.

That place looked like the perfect place for a 5 inch trail bike. They have lots of single track with some log teeters ect thrown in. They also have a little FR park with a few rock rolls/ ladder bridges. No milled lumber, which is cool.

Posted: Aug 11, 2008 at 16:24 Quote
Is it true that they have DH at White Face mountain in the state of New york?
Ive went before and to me all it was was a big mountain that you could go to the top with your car then walk a mile of stairs.

Posted: Aug 11, 2008 at 17:34 Quote
Jocool wrote:
Is it true that they have DH at White Face mountain in the state of New york?
Ive went before and to me all it was was a big mountain that you could go to the top with your car then walk a mile of stairs.

Ya Whiteface has DH.

Posted: Aug 11, 2008 at 18:04 Quote
Lets make a list of all the places that have DH in the area of NH, new york, Maine, Vermont and Massachusetts.

Just post a place, I'll put it in the first post and I'll find a link to the website! That way, when people ask "were can I ride in the area", we can give them the list.

Posted: Aug 11, 2008 at 18:13 Quote
Jocool wrote:
Lets make a list of all the places that have DH in the area of NH, new york, Maine, Vermont and Massachusetts.

Just post a place, I'll put it in the first post and I'll find a link to the website! That way, when people ask "were can I ride in the area", we can give them the list.
yeah you can just say go to BustedSpoke.com

Posted: Aug 11, 2008 at 18:16 Quote
mkitsis2 wrote:
Jocool wrote:

yeah you can just say go to BustedSpoke.com
Interesting! Ive never seen this website before Big Grin

Posted: Aug 11, 2008 at 18:20 Quote
great site for New England riding

Posted: Aug 11, 2008 at 18:58 Quote
Jocool wrote:
I see, I see!

There are a few NH ride spots threads around.

Posted: Aug 12, 2008 at 12:35 Quote
Alright!
Lets jsut forget about it then.
We'll just let the trail die.
Thanks for the help anywaise Salute

Posted: Aug 12, 2008 at 17:28 Quote
Jocool wrote:

Here is the website for Whiteface. They are having a race weekend of August 30, 31.
http://downhillmike.com/

Posted: Jul 24, 2012 at 18:02 Quote
Hey guys, I just moved and NEED to find a place to ride. Anyone know of trails in the Saco/Portland area (mainly Saco)? Anything works as long as it's not paved haha thanks

Posted: Jul 29, 2012 at 10:53 Quote
Highland of course but its a drive for you. Check out backcountry excursions that should be close enough for you and great trails

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.017633
Mobile Version of Website