How to stop riding brakeless?

PB Forum :: BMX (20")
How to stop riding brakeless?
  • Previous Page
Posted: Jul 31, 2008 at 20:55 Quote
How does everybody stop on a brakeless BMX and not ware out there shoe? multiple methods would be nice. Thank you.

Posted: Jul 31, 2008 at 20:58 Quote
greenmachinedude wrote:
get brakes
yeah uhh...thanks. For anybody who wants to be sarcastic or just waste time please dont.

Posted: Jul 31, 2008 at 21:00 Quote
Freerideguy14 wrote:
greenmachinedude wrote:
get brakes
yeah uhh...thanks. For anybody who wants to be sarcastic or just waste time please dont.

1. foot on ground
2. foot in rear tire

or my personal favorite,

3. high speed foot jam

Posted: Jul 31, 2008 at 21:01 Quote
he wasnt being sarcastic, unless you want to try wearing out other less replaceable parts of your body the only way would be cutting extremely hard or (in park) hitting quarters front heavy and knowing how to not eat

Posted: Jul 31, 2008 at 21:04 Quote
jump off. i agree with what flowlikenike sys

Posted: Jul 31, 2008 at 21:04 Quote
thank you i wasnt trying to be smart . i read some where on pinkbike a guy ran over a dog runing brakless and he never went brakless again .

Posted: Jul 31, 2008 at 21:07 Quote
it's a toss-up you either get brakes or burn holes in your shoes. but i guess you could try getting creative:

1) jump off and start running
2) find a hill to ride up
3) reach down and grab the tire with your hand
4) glue big chunks of rubber to the bottom of your shoes like the street luge guys do
5) always ride with a friend so he can toss a stick in your spokes

Posted: Jul 31, 2008 at 21:10 Quote
poor dog.....

i always put my feet on the ground flinstones style.

or really crappy feeble a curb to jam the back wheel

then again you could carry sticks with you and throw em in the spokes, front wheel works best for that

Posted: Jul 31, 2008 at 21:13 Quote
or you could attach brakes but only let the cable go to your top tube. then you can just reach down and pull em wile still being able to do endless barspins and tailwips wich to me is the only reason for brakeless.... i do admit breakless makes the bike LOOK simple and nice

Posted: Jul 31, 2008 at 21:16 Quote
Toodlez wrote:
or you could attach brakes but only let the cable go to your top tube. then you can just reach down and pull em wile still being able to do endless barspins and tailwips wich to me is the only reason for brakeless.... i do admit breakless makes the bike LOOK simple and nice
agreed

Posted: Jul 31, 2008 at 21:17 Quote
the things I can think of are just leave feet on the ground. Do a light footjam (not lifting rear tire) and stomp feet repeidly on the ground.

Posted: Jul 31, 2008 at 21:17 Quote
Go for the high speed 180 then do a long ass slider

Posted: Jul 31, 2008 at 21:19 Quote
Toodlez wrote:
Go for the high speed 180 then do a long ass slider
haha lol yeah. My friend rides brakeless I gotta ask him how he stops or slows down. Hes had the same pair of shoes for like a year Madder

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.009391
Mobile Version of Website