Did anyone regret singlespeed?

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
Did anyone regret singlespeed?
  • Previous Page
Posted: Aug 1, 2008 at 9:03 Quote
Hey, im really wanting to go single speed, but the guy at my local bike shop is saying ill probabley regret it? So i was just wondering if anyone eles made the mistake of going to single speed, or they went to single speed and they love it?

Posted: Aug 1, 2008 at 9:04 Quote
Well there was this one guy.. but then we killed him.

Don't listen to the guy at the shop, single speed is the best thing to happen to street and dirt jump bikes.

Posted: Aug 1, 2008 at 9:05 Quote
love it. i'm doing a ghetto ss because my derailleur cable snapped and i'm too lazy to adjust/repair it, so i'm just buying a ss kit instead. haven't disliked having one gear yet.

Posted: Aug 1, 2008 at 9:08 Quote
its better fitness because you cant just switch to a low gear going up hills ect. but it saves a hell of a lot of money

Posted: Aug 1, 2008 at 9:09 Quote
streetmtber wrote:

Don't listen to the guy at the shop, single speed is the best thing to happen to street and dirt jump bikes.
He said it would come to like over 150$ is that right?

Posted: Aug 1, 2008 at 9:10 Quote
i didnt regret one second of it ! i highly recommend it

Posted: Aug 1, 2008 at 9:10 Quote
STP-PWNS wrote:
streetmtber wrote:

hell no . Its costs like £20 gbp so roughly $40 usd . For the dmr single speed kit and the tensioner

Posted: Aug 1, 2008 at 9:11 Quote
not at all. the kit's are like 25 dollars. i think a cog is maybe 15-20 dollars too? with labor that's like fifty bucks. and you save money on things like derailleurs breaking and other parts and whatnot.

Posted: Aug 1, 2008 at 9:12 Quote
TaylorBarr wrote:
STP-PWNS wrote:
streetmtber wrote:

hell no . Its costs like £20 gbp so roughly $40 usd . For the dmr single speed kit and the tensioner
Well, should i just buy the kit, then get them to do it so then i just have to pay labour, or is itpossible for me to just do it myself?

Posted: Aug 1, 2008 at 9:17 Quote
STP-PWNS wrote:
TaylorBarr wrote:
STP-PWNS wrote:

Well, should i just buy the kit, then get them to do it so then i just have to pay labour, or is itpossible for me to just do it myself?
Do it yourself if its going to cost $50, i don't regret it, it is alot better, no chain slap, no chain slipping when you try to fakie, very little to go wrong. o the whole so much better, you won't regret it

Posted: Aug 1, 2008 at 9:20 Quote
i have to look into being able to do it myself or not still. but the guy at my lbs says it's not the hardest part to put on.

Posted: Aug 1, 2008 at 9:20 Quote
go singlespeed its miles better, if u got gears and u brake or do sommert to ur derailuer its guna cost u £40-£60(dunno wat that is in $) each time to get it fixedBig Grin

go single speed

Posted: Aug 1, 2008 at 9:23 Quote
I just got single speed a few weeks ago.
I love it, it helps your leg muscles get bigger and grow more.
It cost me around $130 for the kit.
It also helps me land shit a lot smoother then before.

Posted: Aug 1, 2008 at 9:24 Quote
kay thanks guy, ill probabley just buy the DMR kit and just put it on myself, thanksSmile One last question, is single speed that good for distance?, like im not talking really long. and whats a good ratio for ss?

Posted: Aug 1, 2008 at 9:26 Quote
i probs wudnt go single speed if u r doing distance unless bit downhill

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.009656
Mobile Version of Website