Just got my wisdom teeth out.

PB Forum :: Off-Topic
Just got my wisdom teeth out.
  • Previous Page
Posted: Aug 1, 2008 at 15:55 Quote
Well I got my wisdom teeth out at 3pm this afterknoon. Before I got them done, the surgeon told me there was a chance that when he extracts the top ones I could end up with a "communication" with my sinuses. Sure enough, I now have a hole going from my mouth to my sinus one side of my head. It's not actually a hole straight through...when he put the stitches in he sewed it closed obviously, but apparently I'm not allowed to blow my nose for two weeks or I will pop it like a balloon and have to go get the hole sewed shut againEek

Other than that, things went fairly well. I remember about half of the procedure (I got all 4 out), but oddly enough I don't remember the first half of the drive home...strange. I spit the gauze out shortly after I got home, and the bleeding was done. I bled just a little after I ate my first bowl of soup and had a drink of water, but it was just a little blood color in my saliva, not actually bleeding. I guess I got lucky on that, I hear most people bleed for a day or two straight!

The only thing I'm not liking is it's been 5 hour and I still can't feel my chin at all, and my cheeks are still about 70% frozen...talk about strong stuff. Now I've got an itch on my chin that won't go away because I simply can't scratch it because it's numb.

Anyone else just recently get theirs out? How's it going for you?

O+
Posted: Aug 1, 2008 at 16:17 Quote
haha sorry dude. i know what its like. i got mine out a year about. it sucks. like really bad.

Posted: Aug 1, 2008 at 17:31 Quote
when the freezing is gone be prepared for extreme pain...

Posted: Aug 1, 2008 at 17:36 Quote
When I got mine out it didnt hurt much, that was when they found out I'm allergic to some kinds of pain killers though. Wont go into details but I can say that you should feel very very lucky that it has been that easy for you.

The Ham

Posted: Aug 1, 2008 at 18:14 Quote
Kbone wrote:
when the freezing is gone be prepared for extreme pain...

I broke my collar bone pretty badly and was on pain meds for two days, so hopefully it won't be any worse than that and I should be decently good. The freezing is well on its way out, I can feel everything accept for a little bit of my chin, some of my bottom lip, and about 1/4 of my tongue, so far the pain is more like an annoying pain rather than anything bad, if you know what I mean.

So far the worst part is my front bottom teeth, they hurt quite a bit for some reason...must have something to do with the way that they held my mouth open.

Swallowing the 5 pills I have tot ake every 4 hours was interesting the first time...I had to stand infront of a mirror to tell if I was getting water in my mouth or on my faceConfused

What did you guys eat when you had yours done? So far I've had some cream of mushroom soup and I'm about halfway through a bowl of instant otmeal...peaches and cream baby!

Posted: Aug 1, 2008 at 18:47 Quote
soup, ice cream any liquids basically. For me my tonsils swelled up like crazy so for the first 2 days I couldn't even swallow liquids.

Posted: Aug 1, 2008 at 18:50 Quote
Bummer. My ladyfriend brought my some ice cream and she ended up eating most of it...it tasted like shit to me for some reason. I would say it had something to do with the fact that some of my tongue was still frozen. It was just neopoliton, something I normally like but I just couldn't do it because it tasted so bad on the back half of my tongue.

Looks like its time for the second helping of oatmeal, I am damn hungry tonight.

Posted: Aug 1, 2008 at 20:13 Quote
meal replacement milkshakes...boost? I forgot the name. I lived of those as well. They're pretty good too, get chocolate if get them.

Mod
Posted: Aug 1, 2008 at 21:31 Quote
I got one out monday, one out last monday. Both days I was eating steak/other meats by the end of the day. Now I just got to keep junk from building up in the holes for th next couple months. Got two out in January and those were abit rougher.. lots of penicilin and ibuprofen etc... but that wasn't your average extraction. I ate lots of pistachio pudding, smoothies, clam chowder, and other things that I could eat without chewing for a week or so.

Posted: Aug 2, 2008 at 6:24 Quote
pistachio pudding? Eek

Posted: Aug 2, 2008 at 6:58 Quote
ilikemybike011 wrote:
pistachio pudding? Eek

I was just thinking the same thing....

Posted: Jul 2, 2009 at 18:35 Quote
ha.. Im so hungry, but don't want to eat because Im still bleeding. And my mom made ribsMadder

Mod
Posted: Jul 2, 2009 at 19:42 Quote
orange pekoe tea bags on the fresh wounds. The surgeon sent them home with me,, apparently something in the tea causes the blood to clot faster.

Posted: Jul 2, 2009 at 20:14 Quote
t3rr1 wrote:
orange pekoe tea bags on the fresh wounds. The surgeon sent them home with me,, apparently something in the tea causes the blood to clot faster.

thank you. would green tea work? and would drinking it help too? After I took my gauze out, I spotted a clot on it. no bueno

Mod
Posted: Jul 2, 2009 at 20:42 Quote
Don't drink any hot beverages. Otherwise, you'll get dry sockets which is basically a complication to getting your wisdom teeth out. I lived off of slurpees, pudding, ice cream, and I atr/drank eggdrop soup everyday with just the chicken broth, green onion, and egg in it.

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.013865
Mobile Version of Website