Powered by Outside

WHY ARE KONA SO SHIT AND THERE BIKES ALWAYS SNAP

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
WHY ARE KONA SO SHIT AND THERE BIKES ALWAYS SNAP
O+
Posted: Aug 2, 2008 at 1:59 Quote
this is gonna be an awesome thread for sure...Thumbs Down Thumbs Down Thumbs Down Thumbs Down Thumbs Down Thumbs Down Thumbs Down Thumbs Down Thumbs Down Thumbs Down Thumbs Down Thumbs Down Thumbs Down Thumbs Down Thumbs Down Thumbs Down Thumbs Down Thumbs Down Thumbs Down Thumbs Down Thumbs Down Thumbs Down
Thumbs Down Thumbs Down Thumbs Down Thumbs Down Thumbs Down Thumbs Down Thumbs Down Thumbs Down Thumbs Down Thumbs Down Thumbs Down Thumbs Down

You mean why does everyone and their family have one? They are mass produced, lots of people have them and they are cheap bikes. You see more of them snapping cause of that. They aren't crap, just a lower end style bike. I had to give a good answer compared to OMG this thread will be gold, kona's suck blah blah blah.

norcorulz wrote:
ridetolivelivetoride wrote:
norcorulz wrote:
i think now people are just seeing how fast a thread can get shut down, every one of these threads have been locked
cause they're absolutely useless...
so wat, if you dont like it, tell it to the company, not just rant on the internet about this

Dear kona,
im writing the letter to inform you that your company and bikes are f*cking wank

ps get new tubing

Posted: Aug 2, 2008 at 2:00 Quote
ollie-jones wrote:
norcorulz wrote:
ridetolivelivetoride wrote:

cause they're absolutely useless...
so wat, if you dont like it, tell it to the company, not just rant on the internet about this

Dear kona,
im writing the letter to inform you that your company and bikes are f*cking wank

ps get new tubing
sounds good!

O+
Posted: Aug 2, 2008 at 2:07 Quote
dotca wrote:
You mean why does everyone and their family have one? They are mass produced, lots of people have them and they are cheap bikes. You see more of them snapping cause of that. They aren't crap, just a lower end style bike. I had to give a good answer compared to OMG this thread will be gold, kona's suck blah blah blah.
hey, my answer is gold. haha

Posted: Aug 2, 2008 at 7:12 Quote
dotca wrote:

Exactly. Why do you hear so many problems about them? It's because EVERYONE and their dog has one. When something is produced and made available at this level, you have a much larger margin of error. If there were a smaller amount produced and sold and one broke, you would likely not hear about it, but if there were 10 000 produced and sold, and over 1000 of them broke, you would surely hear about it all over the place. They would have the same percent of product broken as the smaller company, but all the sudden 1000 broke instead of one, automatically making it sound worse than it is.

On the flip side, Kona's bikes are nothing amazing. Their full suspension bikes lack any real suspension design, they haven't changed in forever, which is strange, because they certainly don't work well enough to be left the way they are. The entire bike is based around beginners and nothing more. Their models such as the stab and stab supreme and whatnot are little better. They all still use the single pivot design that the stinky uses, they are just beefed up a little more.

You can destroy any frame. One of my riding buddy's broke an sx trail in 5 places, and destroyed a bighit FSR. He is an extremely aggressive rider, and know out of province for his riding, and is anything other than a hack. It's a fact of life, bike brake no matter how nice they are.

Posted: Aug 2, 2008 at 7:14 Quote
i pseronally hate kona's ( design and warranty issues, kona has their head up their ass )

but a crappy low end bike is a crappy low end bike no matter who's name is on it

my gripe is konas are ugly fking bikes that use ugly shitty tubing

Posted: Aug 2, 2008 at 7:16 Quote
MadeBetter wrote:

That's not much of a means to say that Kona makes shit bikes. I'm not disagreeing with you, I'm just saying if you are going to hate on a company, you should at least have a half decent reason other than "they look bad"

May I ask what you ride?

Posted: Aug 2, 2008 at 7:18 Quote
jonbikes wrote:
MadeBetter wrote:

That's not much of a means to say that Kona makes shit bikes. I'm not disagreeing with you, I'm just saying if you are going to hate on a company, you should at least have a half decent reason other than "they look bad"

May I ask what you ride?

21" fit aitken s3, blk mrkt riot.

konas are butt ugly, they look like nascar rejects.

if you paint your frame you void the warranty.

and alu box tubing is always a bad idea ,,

REAL TALK !

SAY SOMETHING I DONT LIKE !

Posted: Aug 2, 2008 at 7:26 Quote
dont know what you people want from kona...
lots of people have them = lots of people break them
do you think specialized doesnt break? nad norco? and santa cruz? everyone can break a bike, its just depands on how they use it.

old suspension? so what. specialized is copying from other companys you dont say anything, santa cruz has old designes.

Posted: Aug 2, 2008 at 7:30 Quote
Then get a Garbanzo frame from one of the bike parks they get over a million vertical feet of drops and jumps its first season and they have never had a frame malfunction. I guarentee no other manufacture can say that about their bikes. And also the sqare tubing for the frame are a lot stronger than round tubing. They havent changed there desighn in years because its one of the only desighns that has worked for years. You can only get so much out of a four link suspention but it is a solid design that works. Why change the designs every year and f*ck everything up by having desgn flaws like most other manufactures

Posted: Aug 2, 2008 at 7:31 Quote
erickson032 wrote:
And also the sqare tubing for the frame are a lot stronger than round tubing.

take a physics course kid

Posted: Aug 2, 2008 at 8:00 Quote
MadeBetter wrote:
erickson032 wrote:
And also the sqare tubing for the frame are a lot stronger than round tubing.

take a physics course kid

LOL

O+ FL
Posted: Aug 2, 2008 at 8:03 Quote
ryde420 wrote:
bcuz konas have too thin of tubing , and poor weld strength. ps. norcos are sooooo much better Pimp

Heh, giant is better. not denying that norco is better than kona though. But yeah several above responses pretty much cover the need for this thread Big Grin .

Posted: Aug 2, 2008 at 8:05 Quote
erickson032 wrote:
Why change the designs every year and f*ck everything up by having desgn flaws like most other manufactures

apparently you've never heard of virtual pivot points and mass centralization .,.,.,.,

lolol

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.028617
Mobile Version of Website