Powered by Outside

WHY ARE KONA SO SHIT AND THERE BIKES ALWAYS SNAP

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
WHY ARE KONA SO SHIT AND THERE BIKES ALWAYS SNAP
| Next Page
Posted: Aug 2, 2008 at 8:31 Quote
well i agree with a few points already said, too thin tubing with japanease metal, bad welds and other stupid fixable things that Kona uses to pump out the $6-800 dollar bike.

Posted: Aug 2, 2008 at 8:35 Quote
6 months into owning a Kula Supreme, I race xc and it's still going strong, no problems at all. as everybody has been saying it's not just kona's that break, i know someone who's cracked a f*cking Solid Mission 9, and he's been through a Chameleon too. Frames don't last forever and I bet you can't find a mass bike manufacturer that has a 100% clean history of no snapping.

O+ FL
Posted: Aug 2, 2008 at 8:39 Quote
ive been ridin a 2007 cowan doing freeride on vancouver island the only thing ive screwed up is my cranks, i bent them a little, my frame still hasnt broken and it ill take a8 foot drop and im an old fat bastard too

Posted: Aug 2, 2008 at 8:41 Quote
i still think its really funny what i heard a kona rep say on tv, something like this:

"we only build bikes that are fun. if we design a bike and dont think it will be fun, we throw it out and start over"

so basically, they wont change anything much about their bikes because they dont think it will be fun. i bet it would be a lot more fun to have a bike thats designed well than one that isnt, even if it doesnt look fun.

Posted: Aug 2, 2008 at 8:44 Quote
erickson032 wrote:
Then get a Garbanzo frame from one of the bike parks they get over a million vertical feet of drops and jumps its first season and they have never had a frame malfunction.

Where is the proof for this figure?

erickson032 wrote:
And also the sqare tubing for the frame are a lot stronger than round tubing.

I laughed at this.

erickson032 wrote:
They havent changed there desighn in years because its one of the only desighns that has worked for years. You can only get so much out of a four link suspention but it is a solid design that works.

Have you ever heard of brake jack? It's a problem with Kona's suspension system, but at an extra cost of £rape.99 you can buy a floating brake arm which reduces it!

erickson032 wrote:
Why change the designs every year and f*ck everything up by having desgn flaws like most other manufactures

They already have design flaws. And have you ridden bikes from "most other manufacturers" to prove that they have design flaws?

| Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.008097
Mobile Version of Website