Are there trails or dirt jumps IN Edinburgh?

PB Forum :: Trail Building
Are there trails or dirt jumps IN Edinburgh?
Posted: Aug 5, 2008 at 0:23 Quote
the secret garden is quite near the tower or if you know the building set far back on clermiston road, there is a trail up from there... if you are still having difficulty, get in touch.

Posted: Sep 14, 2008 at 11:13 Quote
bonaly dirt jumps r good. definitly hed there!

Posted: Feb 15, 2011 at 11:53 Quote
just started dh again after 8 years and looking for trails in edinburgh area,anyone got any suggestions?

Posted: Jun 6, 2012 at 16:47 Quote
robertsadler wrote:
bong69uk wrote:
FrazzyMcGee wrote:
the whole of corstorphine hill has different trails and stuff like that.....

there is a secret garden with pretty big dirt jumps and me and my friends have built loads of dh trails on the side of the hill furthest away from the zoo

Where bouts on the hill is this secret garden?

Yes indeedy where abouts?

I've caught the bug after getting my new bike and going out to glentress this weekend but I'd love to know a few of the local spots so I can pop along after work and the such!

Any idea where on corstorphine hill we're looking?

Google maps example would be

Oh by the way ... Hi!

If yer still interested at all pm me I ride thereby times a week or so

Posted: Jun 6, 2012 at 16:48 Quote
FrazzyMcGee wrote:
the secret garden is quite near the tower or if you know the building set far back on clermiston road, there is a trail up from there... if you are still having difficulty, get in touch.

Do you build the jumps there?

Posted: Jun 8, 2013 at 5:01 Quote
You guys should check the pump track down at heriot watt its in Hermiston Woods and easy to find

Posted: Jun 8, 2013 at 7:09 Quote
There's a little area in the trees on orchard brae.
when you're at the roundabout at the bottom of craigleith road, heading towards comely bank/ stock bridge, turn right up the hill, about 2/3d of the way up is a turn of onto some houses, the trees on the entrance lead down to some sweet doubles but they really need some work

I'll check out the pump track. what's it like (@Jackg9619) ?

Posted: May 17, 2016 at 13:01 Quote
Hey anyone in Edinburgh fancy going up Corstorphine hill? Just bought a new bike and need someone to show me the ropes haha

Posted: Apr 18, 2020 at 10:59 Quote
I know this is super out of date, but I stumbled across this thread today and went to look for the jumps. Looks like they need a little work Wink
photo

Posted: Jun 11, 2020 at 3:11 Quote
Ozziefish wrote:
I know this is super out of date, but I stumbled across this thread today and went to look for the jumps. Looks like they need a little work Wink
photo

Where are these? i build in Edinburgh and the secret garden got shut down in the last few weeks by the land owner so need a new spot to renovate.

Posted: Aug 22, 2020 at 2:55 Quote
LaurenceMTB wrote:
Ozziefish wrote:
photo

Where are these? i build in Edinburgh and the secret garden got shut down in the last few weeks by the land owner so need a new spot to renovate.

photo

Sorry about the shitty quality. If you maps 'Orchard Brae', you'll see where they are. Let me know if you give it a go, and I'll come and give a hand - need some jumps myself!

Posted: Nov 19, 2020 at 1:10 Quote
Ozziefish wrote:
LaurenceMTB wrote:
Ozziefish wrote:
photo

photo

Sorry about the shitty quality. If you maps 'Orchard Brae', you'll see where they are. Let me know if you give it a go, and I'll come and give a hand - need some jumps myself!

Have you fixed these up at all? Are they rideable or do they need work?

Posted: Nov 19, 2020 at 2:10 Quote
You guys probably know this, but there are some amazing new trails with big jumps on the other side of the hill from the older Bonaly trails, in the MOD area.

Posted: Nov 20, 2020 at 11:56 Quote
militantmandy wrote:
You guys probably know this, but there are some amazing new trails with big jumps on the other side of the hill from the older Bonaly trails, in the MOD area.

I know about trails in Bonaly but I am not sure about the ones you are talking about. I know there are two big jumps separate from the others but that's all. Could you pinpoint the location on google maps?

Posted: Nov 23, 2020 at 0:09 Quote
lachlann123 wrote:
militantmandy wrote:

I know about trails in Bonaly but I am not sure about the ones you are talking about. I know there are two big jumps separate from the others but that's all. Could you pinpoint the location on google maps?

If you go to the "trailhead" of the old Bonally trails at the top of the hill. Keep heading away from the old trails to the fence with the little dog hatch and the MOD sign. Cross over, staying on the left. Almost immediately you'll see some trails. As you head down you'll see a whole series of new, bike park style trails with big berms, drops and gaps. Check out Christo Gallacher on insta or YouTube and you'll see him riding them.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.020124
Mobile Version of Website