Santa Barbara Riders

PB Forum :: USA - West
Santa Barbara Riders
Posted: Oct 3, 2008 at 19:47 Quote
sbfreeride wrote:
WOW!!! Me an Tyler just rode the new firebreak (that fat new scar on the front side of the mountains by the 154) today and its EPIC! Its about 6in of dust the whole way down unless its nothing but cut up chaparrel with some nice big logs in there. There is one section that is an easy 50-60 degree slope and it might be rideable with some more scoping.

Pretty much an epic ride that everyone in SB with a DS bike should try. or maybe DH

Did you guys ride it? cause if ya did you might need to re-grease everything on your bike.

Posted: Oct 3, 2008 at 19:51 Quote
Ya everything was definetly squeeky and dirty, especially us. But it is worth it beyond doubt!

Posted: Oct 3, 2008 at 20:07 Quote
ok sweet. Im gonna get a chain guide soon so we will have to go do cold springs.

Posted: Oct 3, 2008 at 20:09 Quote
were doin w. fork cold springs tomo and tunnel. Then reg. cold springs and san ysidro on sunday.

Posted: Oct 3, 2008 at 21:41 Quote
aaron theres a street jam down at the skatepark around 630-8 if you want some footage

O+
Posted: Oct 3, 2008 at 22:07 Quote
crkt wrote:
aaron theres a street jam down at the skatepark around 630-8 if you want some footage
bikes? sat?

Posted: Oct 4, 2008 at 9:01 Quote
i just got back, it was just a bunch of bmxers seshing the park. not as much of a turnout as expected but still a wicked sesh, got inverts dialed in the bowl

O+
Posted: Oct 4, 2008 at 9:07 Quote
crkt wrote:
i just got back, it was just a bunch of bmxers seshing the park. not as much of a turnout as expected but still a wicked sesh, got inverts dialed in the bowl
thats cool I rode there friday and got run out my some D bag skaters and a bmxer.

Posted: Oct 4, 2008 at 9:13 Quote
il be there tomorrow around 630, most of the guys that show in the morning are pretty chill as long you stay out of their way

edit: and aaron theres def gonna be some ridng at el sueno a little after five as long as the rain keeps its nice and tacky we might even throw out some flood lights and have a night session

O+
Posted: Oct 4, 2008 at 9:24 Quote
cool yeah im new to the area so no one knows me

Posted: Oct 4, 2008 at 10:52 Quote
crkt wrote:
il be there tomorrow around 630, most of the guys that show in the morning are pretty chill as long you stay out of their way

edit: and aaron theres def gonna be some ridng at el sueno a little after five as long as the rain keeps its nice and tacky we might even throw out some flood lights and have a night session
Ya I mite just have to come. Prob gona be too tired from tunnel and w. fork coldsprings.

Posted: Oct 4, 2008 at 11:04 Quote
be there, peters you can come if you want to meet some more locals just pm me if you need directions

Posted: Oct 4, 2008 at 11:24 Quote
crkt wrote:
be there, peters you can come if you want to meet some more locals just pm me if you need directions
Ya if im tired of riding lol I'll just film.

Posted: Oct 6, 2008 at 19:37 Quote
built up the side step-up today from the vert lip at county grounds, we will be building more tomorrow but please dont show up if your not going to help build or at least ride

Posted: Oct 6, 2008 at 19:49 Quote
crkt wrote:
built up the side step-up today from the vert lip at county grounds, we will be building more tomorrow but please dont show up if your not going to help build or at least ride

What time is the building?

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.016001
Mobile Version of Website