New cranks and seat+post for my suburban- suggestions?

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
New cranks and seat+post for my suburban- suggestions?
  • Previous Page
Posted: Aug 5, 2008 at 7:50 Quote
So, as above really. Currently got some holzfellas on it which look shit, so fancy some 3pc's on it with a nice beefy chainring of about 26-28t.

Seat wise, i want something slim, like a macneil? But thats as far as my knowledge goes. Not bothered about the weight, but it's got to look sick.
Cheers

Posted: Aug 5, 2008 at 7:59 Quote
I really like the look of Demolition medial cranks and Blk Mrkt's revolver lite sproket

Posted: Aug 5, 2008 at 9:58 Quote
i like my wethepeople royal cranks with ti spindle but there are many out there.

for seats, get a pivotal, cheap and light
check these out for the ones you like
http://www.danscomp.com/products.php?cat=PARTS&show=SEATSPIVOTAL

Posted: Aug 5, 2008 at 13:59 Quote
http://www.danscomp.com/470201.php?cat=PARTS this on is sick!!!

Posted: Aug 5, 2008 at 14:20 Quote
ive got a shodow conspiracy super slim seat, its awsome. as for seat post.. thompson???

Posted: Aug 6, 2008 at 4:02 Quote
agreed. get a thomson elite sp

Posted: Aug 6, 2008 at 6:04 Quote
I wouldn't spend the money on a thomson just because he's not concerned with weight so it'd be a lot cheaper to buy a pivotal stump post, a shim and whatever pivotal seat you like.

As for cranks, you can't go wrong with profiles.

Posted: Aug 6, 2008 at 6:18 Quote
Demolition Medial cranks, I love mine.

Posted: Aug 6, 2008 at 9:46 Quote
shimano saint.
they look nice and solid.

Posted: Aug 6, 2008 at 9:47 Quote
charge brown saddle with identiti seatpost.
Smile Big Grin

Posted: Aug 6, 2008 at 10:23 Quote
check out federal seats and seatpost they are light as hell and slim and look mint

Posted: Aug 6, 2008 at 15:20 Quote
What do people reckon to oddessy wombolts? The Twombolts have also caught my eye though.

Posted: Aug 6, 2008 at 19:24 Quote
-aik wrote:
What do people reckon to oddessy wombolts? The Twombolts have also caught my eye though.
yeh i was looking at those, anyknow if they're good? i heard they're 800grams but is that true, they strong enuf? im just starting so im not to smooth, i go off 3-4 foot jumps but plan on doing 5-6 foots soon. srry to highjack your thread but we have the same question.

EDIT: oh and i have a specialized p1

Posted: Aug 7, 2008 at 11:31 Quote
dirt-jumper17 wrote:
-aik wrote:
yeh i was looking at those, anyknow if they're good? i heard they're 800grams but is that true, they strong enuf? im just starting so im not to smooth, i go off 3-4 foot jumps but plan on doing 5-6 foots soon. srry to highjack your thread but we have the same question.

anyone?

Posted: Aug 7, 2008 at 12:58 Quote
dirt-jumper17 wrote:
dirt-jumper17 wrote:
-aik wrote:

anyone?

they seem to have changed 'em but the old ones were shit, smooth riders broke them riding park and if you put the spacers or that wedge thingy wrong you were f*cked.

i'd rather go for primos or some decent mtb cranks like middleburns or saints.

as for the post, get the thomson, it's very strong too and it looks stylish.....

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.009463
Mobile Version of Website