30.0 to 31.6 seatpost shim

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
30.0 to 31.6 seatpost shim
O+
Posted: Aug 12, 2008 at 20:57 Quote
seatposts really arnt that expensive either...
http://jensonusa.com/store/product/SE407A01-Kalloy+Laprade+Seatpost.aspx
probably $20 total...and you can saw it off if its too long.

Posted: Aug 12, 2008 at 20:58 Quote
TheAngryTomato wrote:
seatposts really arnt that expensive either...
http://jensonusa.com/store/product/SE407A01-Kalloy+Laprade+Seatpost.aspx
probably $20 total...and you can saw it off if its too long.

Yeah, but im using an sdg i-beam seat post which are more expensive,

Posted: Aug 12, 2008 at 21:02 Quote
ezekiel wrote:
pipes10 wrote:
you're kidding right??...u don;t see how using a pop can as a shim can void the warranty???...ask any bike manufacturer if it would

Instead of asking rhetorical questions and getting all pissy, why not simply explain that which you obviously know.

out of all the crap comments/posts that are said on this site which go untouched by mods u decide to touch on this one??....i never get pissy over the internet...i was more dumbfounded at the other posters ignorance and persistence in regards to the issue at hand

Posted: Aug 12, 2008 at 21:03 Quote
i didnt know a peice of plastic could void a warrenty Wink

Posted: Aug 12, 2008 at 21:04 Quote
dancallahan wrote:
i didnt know a peice of plastic could void a warrenty Wink

lol...u sir are funny...i like u

Posted: Aug 12, 2008 at 21:05 Quote
pipes10 wrote:
ezekiel wrote:
pipes10 wrote:
you're kidding right??...u don;t see how using a pop can as a shim can void the warranty???...ask any bike manufacturer if it would

Instead of asking rhetorical questions and getting all pissy, why not simply explain that which you obviously know.

out of all the crap comments/posts that are said on this site which go untouched by mods u decide to touch on this one??....i never get pissy over the internet...i was more dumbfounded at the other posters ignorance and persistence in regards to the issue at hand

ok please either suggest an alternative or just stop posting

Posted: Aug 12, 2008 at 21:07 Quote
121691phoenix wrote:
pipes10 wrote:
ezekiel wrote:

ok please either suggest an alternative or just stop posting

i already did suggest an alternative...either find the correct shim (search the net) or buy the correct post...there really is only 2 proper choices...but by all means do what u see fit

Posted: Aug 12, 2008 at 21:08 Quote
that kid is a tool. i dont want to start a bitching session but your not going to void any warranty by throwing a pop can in there.
and it wont cause failure. putting a pop can in wont brake the frame. if anything, the post will brake, and nobody gets a warranty on a seat post. just buy another one for 15 bucks.

seriously though, if you dont want to brake your nuts, id reccomend just buying a new seat post at your lbs. itll only cost like 20$ max and itll just be easier.

honestly who the hell cares about a seat post warranty lol

O+
Posted: Aug 12, 2008 at 21:09 Quote
-sluggo wrote:
that kid is a tool. i dont want to start a bitching session but your not going to void any warranty by throwing a pop can in there.
and it wont cause failure. putting a pop can in wont brake the frame. if anything, the post will brake, and nobody gets a warranty on a seat post. just buy another one for 15 bucks.

seriously though, if you dont want to brake your nuts, id reccomend just buying a new seat post at your lbs. itll only cost like 20$ max and itll just be easier.

what he said.

Posted: Aug 12, 2008 at 21:10 Quote
bahahahahaha yeahhhhhh thats jokes

Posted: Aug 12, 2008 at 21:12 Quote
TheAngryTomato wrote:
huh?
just sayin what you said was pretty funny hahaMadder Madder Madder Madder Madder Madder Madder Madder Madder Madder

Posted: Aug 12, 2008 at 21:13 Quote
pipes10 wrote:
out of all the crap comments/posts that are said on this site which go untouched by mods u decide to touch on this one

I touch on all the "crap" comments that I see. Unfortunately I am one person and I can only spend so much time on the internet daily. Now that's out of the way, all I'm saying is that its far more beneficial to the overall when people take the time to educate others. Personally I see nothing wrong with a pop can shim.

So if you could shed some light on why that is incorrect, its far more appreciated than comments inferring that people must be retarded for not seeing your reasoning.

Either way, back on topic.

O+
Posted: Aug 12, 2008 at 21:16 Quote
well, googling around for a bit and pretty much your only options are the homemade pop can shim or going back to standard seatpost/sadle (which I personally see no problem with) 30.0 is a weird size so they dont make a shim for it.

Posted: Aug 12, 2008 at 21:19 Quote
djman22 wrote:
-sluggo wrote:

NO KIDDING, that peice of tin will not void warentee, if 2 good sized dents in my aluminum frame does not foid it this forsure will not void it! You are a dumbass.....
wow i just tripped out. your name is djmann22 and my old email was 'jmann33'
woooooooowwww Moon Moon Moon Moon Moon Moon Moon Moon Moon

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.012251
Mobile Version of Website