2008 - 2009 eastern night train

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
2008 - 2009 eastern night train
  • Previous Page
Posted: Aug 12, 2008 at 22:33 Quote
ive used the search theres nothing on the comparison. So im wondering what would be the better bike for parts and qaulity, I haven't heard much about the eastern26 frames and want to know if any of you have had problems with the frame and since theres a big price differance id have some money to put into the nightrain to make it nicer after ive broken parts or after they worn out so what would be the better choice the night train with about 500dollars to upgrade or a trail or park not meaning to be a trend whore but alot of good riders are riding the frames hard so they must be some what good thanx for any help.Big Grin

Posted: Aug 14, 2008 at 0:20 Quote
i say go with the t-o-p
because Transition has a great warranty, great service, and a few years of use and abuse into their design with the t-o-p.
eastern is good with bmx but i wouldnt bet on it for mtb.

Posted: Aug 14, 2008 at 0:21 Quote
no competition obviously the nighttrain is better and eastern has great LIFE TIME warranty also comes with LIFE TIME crash replacement

edit: forgot to mention eastern is LOADS cheaper so eastern is better in the price range too cheers

2nd edit: also check out this dude who rides an eastern NT

Views: 27,924    Faves: 520    Comments: 100

Posted: Aug 14, 2008 at 0:29 Quote
lexx wrote:
no competition obviously the nighttrain is better and eastern has great LIFE TIME warranty also comes with LIFE TIME crash replacement

edit: forgot to mention eastern is LOADS cheaper so eastern is better in the price range too cheers

Transition has the same warranty.

Posted: Aug 14, 2008 at 0:31 Quote
dillonchamberlain wrote:
lexx wrote:

transition doesnt have life time i think and eastern rides better Big Grin

Posted: Aug 14, 2008 at 0:56 Quote
lexx wrote:
dillonchamberlain wrote:
lexx wrote:

check out their site bro. lifetime crash replacement.

Posted: Aug 14, 2008 at 0:57 Quote
dillonchamberlain wrote:
lexx wrote:
dillonchamberlain wrote:

i ment the warranty which is only 2 years

Posted: Aug 14, 2008 at 1:02 Quote
lexx wrote:
dillonchamberlain wrote:
lexx wrote:

eastern should stick with bmx.
the top has been around longer and has had time to be fine tuned unliked the night train.
'nuff said.

Posted: Aug 14, 2008 at 1:04 Quote
dillonchamberlain wrote:
lexx wrote:
dillonchamberlain wrote:

eastern should stick with bmx.
the top has been around longer and has had time to be fine tuned unliked the night train.
'nuff said.

it doesnt really matter how long it's been around some people stick with bad habits for a long time does that make it good? no. eastern makes some crazy bikes at very affordable prices. they're also strong i've had a friend easily bend an atomlab. have you seen an eastern26 snapped or bent? i think not (atleast i havent)

Posted: Aug 14, 2008 at 4:17 Quote
honestly if you can get out to you locale bike shop that carries either bike take it for a test ride and see what you think of both then make your choice baste upon witch one you like best.

Posted: Aug 14, 2008 at 4:46 Quote
^^ 2nd
The two bikes really set up quite a bit differently. The Eastern rides more like a big bmx while the Transition is closer to a small mtb. Both are top quality rides. Personally, I'd save the cash and go with the Eastern, then just upgrade what breaks.

Posted: Aug 14, 2008 at 12:27 Quote
horseonthefly wrote:
^^ 2nd
The two bikes really set up quite a bit differently. The Eastern rides more like a big bmx while the Transition is closer to a small mtb. Both are top quality rides. Personally, I'd save the cash and go with the Eastern, then just upgrade what breaks.

eastern26s are tanks it wont break tup

Posted: Aug 14, 2008 at 12:34 Quote
^^ plus light.. it feels so smooth, like you've ridden it forever!
i'vent tested a TOP but i do like my NT

Posted: Aug 14, 2008 at 12:57 Quote
whats the weight of the night train?

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.012273
Mobile Version of Website