PB Forum :: Freeride & Slopestyle
Specialized sx trail
  • Previous Page
Posted: Oct 23, 2007 at 9:38 Quote
Are these bikes any good, should i get the sx trail 2 or 1,

Posted: Oct 23, 2007 at 9:48 Quote
When i rode mine i loved it. i would go woth the sx trail 1

Posted: Oct 23, 2007 at 10:03 Quote
hey i would go with the SX trail 2 it has better parts then the SX trail 1.

Posted: Apr 23, 2008 at 21:10 Quote
does anyone know how much a sx trail frame is brand new?

Posted: Apr 24, 2008 at 2:24 Quote
i have an 2008 sx trail 2, too many complaints over the fork on the sx 1, also juicy 3 brakes, come on!!! there are various other componants on the sx 2 that make it more of a complete bike, i like mine a lot, its not that heavy, i can pedal it anywhere and it takes what i throw at it, i recommend to try the giant reign x though, according to many here its the greatest all mountain freeride creation in the history of mankind!!!

Posted: Apr 24, 2008 at 11:54 Quote
im not a fan of the sx trail the frount ends to low and its a bit prangy for me.

Posted: Apr 24, 2008 at 12:16 Quote
i think the sx trail is a bit yesterday, i remember the other year it was being raved about, its more bottlerocket and reign x thease days

Posted: Apr 24, 2008 at 20:25 Quote
My friend has the SX 1 and he LOVES it.

Posted: Apr 24, 2008 at 20:30 Quote
thenotoriousmic wrote:
im not a fan of the sx trail the frount ends to low and its a bit prangy for me.

Is that even a word?

Posted: Apr 25, 2008 at 1:50 Quote
no its not a word, prang, pranged but prangy? nope!!!! i think i know what he means though, harsh maybe? however i dont when relating to the sx, not mine anyway, with a DHX5 in the back and fox van rc3 in the front ive got a wealth of suspension adjustments from hard to soft, 170mm of travel in the back of a 16 kilo freeride bike thats easy enough to pedal to do xc and equipped well for me to have fun with my freeride friends, im happy with my prangy bike lol

Posted: Apr 28, 2008 at 12:31 Quote
vinceliberatore wrote:
thenotoriousmic wrote:

Is that even a word?

no not really. prang is though it means to hit or clip something and bounce of without real damage. so by prangy i ment to get knocked about a bit on it.

Posted: Aug 23, 2008 at 13:56 Quote
iv had 2 sx trails now...not a single complaint with either, they rock!

O+
Posted: Aug 23, 2008 at 14:11 Quote
had one but did not suit my riding style. I weigh over 200# and found it really squirrely at high speeds. definately "PRANGY"(nice word, I like it). Definately tough and pedalable, no question... But I found myself wanting more from a downhill/freeride bike. For the money, get yourself a demo 7. You'll still be able to pedal it and it take a beating, especially if you are a bigger guy. I would also like to pint out that I have an enduro(2007) and it is just as capable as the sx(I've dropped it 6 feet to flat). That bike is truly all mountain with a little less travel. My 2 cents

Posted: Aug 23, 2008 at 14:19 Quote
Sx trails do anything! love mine, ride anything from XC trails to DH on it, and even with a single 36tooth on the front it still rides uphill ok, even if it is hard going because of the gearing, with a double chainset and propedal turn fully on it would go uphill nicely and what it lacks over an xc bike up hill it more than makes up for it downhill, its an awesome ride

Posted: Aug 23, 2008 at 15:39 Quote
$1075
paddypat wrote:
does anyone know how much a sx trail frame is brand new?

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.012524
Mobile Version of Website