Official Scottish Biking Thread

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Official Scottish Biking Thread
Posted: Jan 5, 2011 at 11:38 Quote
I really do aye. Have been to Braefoot plenty times, on a variety of bikes... Had a grey SC Bullit for a while... Not had the V10 there much, just once or twice...

I'll PM ya about the brake if that's ok.

tup

Posted: Jan 5, 2011 at 11:45 Quote
Yo guys a little advice is needed. I'm about to sell my frame and i'm planning on doing it through paypal. Does Pinkbike have a facility that makes the transfer of money easier? If not how has anyone else sold something?

Posted: Jan 5, 2011 at 12:29 Quote
paypal or cash in hand never take a cheque

Posted: Jan 5, 2011 at 12:35 Quote
Ok cool but how do you use Paypal lol? I've never sold anything online apart form ebay.

Posted: Jan 5, 2011 at 12:39 Quote
You just create an account on paypal and link it to your bank account, paypal makes a small payment of less than £1 to your account to confirm its yours, so you have to wait for it to transfer which is normally around 2-3 days. Once you've done that you just give your email you set up with paypal to the person wanting to buy and they give you the monies through that. Paypal take a cut of your monies though, not sure what percentage but it does become a fair bit on more expensive things

Posted: Jan 5, 2011 at 12:48 Quote
Paypal only charge between 1.4% to 3.4% on personal transactions not business.

Posted: Jan 5, 2011 at 13:53 Quote
Paypal is pretty much the only safe way to send or recieve money online.

All you need is the other persons email address so no account details are shared.
Your insured for items that you have paid for that do not arrive or are damaged in transit or not as described, Which means there is a possibility you can get your money back, even if the other person refuses.

Posted: Jan 5, 2011 at 15:06 Quote
Yeh i've had paypal for a while now but i've never had money transferred to my account before. I've only ever used it for buying from shops online.

Posted: Jan 9, 2011 at 5:26 Quote
Hey, does anyone know when you can sign up for any of the SDA's? Cheers

Posted: Jan 9, 2011 at 5:28 Quote
its usually on the 1st of march if I am right, keep checking the website like once a week.

Posted: Jan 9, 2011 at 5:29 Quote
Hendy94 wrote:
Hey, does anyone know when you can sign up for any of the SDA's? Cheers

They release two races at a time, first two rounds should be open for entry around March

Posted: Jan 9, 2011 at 5:30 Quote
whats the bodyarmour guide line? its saying full body and elbow and shit but ive seen dudes racing with no elbow protection?

Posted: Jan 9, 2011 at 5:34 Quote
for anyone in the junior, youth and juvenile categories, the correct guidelines are that all your protection must be hardshell, and you must wear full length knee and shin protection (can be seperate), and you must also have a spine protector, shoulder protection, elbow pads and chest protection, these must also be hardshell (plastic) and can be made of different parts. Gloves are enforced for every rider.

What you can get away with on the other hand is up to you, although 661 kyle strait style pads are commonly used in the categories mentioned, and a few folk have got away with zero upper body protection.

Posted: Jan 15, 2011 at 9:09 Quote
not sure how it got there , but does anyone know how to get water out from a frame ? cheers

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.016793
Mobile Version of Website