Official Scottish Biking Thread

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Official Scottish Biking Thread
Posted: Mar 22, 2011 at 13:23 Quote
mike-smith wrote:

I totally understand man, and i did used to think like that, but it wouldnt be the first time this thread has been locked by the mods for breaking the rules..

They would do that for the odd selling post? wow, that sucks man Jail , ok my bad then i take back my previous statement then Salute

Posted: Mar 23, 2011 at 12:53 Quote
just to say guys work has finally started on deuchney woods (kinnoull hill) its supposed to be finished in 3 weeks time

Posted: Mar 23, 2011 at 12:59 Quote
Just a quick update on the 661 crash replacement:
They offer a new helmet at 50% of retail price, but since they are an american company I would have to pay frieght charges to get it shiped over to the UK.

So I'm going for a Down-o-Matic at £120 from winstanleys :Cool :

Posted: Mar 23, 2011 at 13:29 Quote
I was just wondering if any of you had experience of the Alpine bikes in Edinburgh. I've messed up my crank pretty bad, well bad enough that I dont plan on trying to fix it myself. If I phone up book in and tell them basically I need a new crank and fixed on will they be able to get crank (A) and fit it or will I need to get the crank for myself and get them to fit it and sort out the mess that is my crankset. Thanks!

Posted: Mar 23, 2011 at 13:36 Quote
rosco5 wrote:
I was just wondering if any of you had experience of the Alpine bikes in Edinburgh. I've messed up my crank pretty bad, well bad enough that I dont plan on trying to fix it myself. If I phone up book in and tell them basically I need a new crank and fixed on will they be able to get crank (A) and fit it or will I need to get the crank for myself and get them to fit it and sort out the mess that is my crankset. Thanks!

All alpine bikes stores are top notch dude ! they will get it all sorted for you.

O+
Posted: Mar 23, 2011 at 13:50 Quote
Dude, you should check out Pedals Edinburgh, a new bike shop edinburgh. The dude who runs it is so sound and fully cytech qualified. He will be able to do most jobs that day unless parts need ordered and is cheaper than every other bike shop in edinburgh i believe

Posted: Mar 23, 2011 at 13:51 Quote
ye i heard pedals is goood likes, i went past and it was looking cool Razz

Posted: Mar 23, 2011 at 13:51 Quote
rosco5 wrote:

Alpine in Edinburgh aint the best shop you could go to, try The Bike Chain round the corner on Rodney Street, much friendlier staff, great deals, great products, a really full shop rather than an empty looking Alpine.

Or even better head up to Pedals (http://www.pedals-edinburgh.com/) Up in Bruntsfield, best mechanic in Edinburgh if not Scotland, hands down, his name is James, opened up the shop solely to service bikes, doesn't sell them or any accessories (other than parts) or gear. An old fashioned style workshop only! Cheapest, most reliable and definitely the best service or even chat around!

O+
Posted: Mar 23, 2011 at 13:52 Quote
Its eco friendly too Smile I've been in a good few times, and the guy even rings you to tell you when the job is done, so its definitely worthwhile. He is also extremely knowledgable with mtb's, not just roadies and commuter bikes, so your bike is in safe hands

Posted: Mar 23, 2011 at 13:54 Quote
whitetux wrote:
Its eco friendly too Smile I've been in a good few times, and the guy even rings you to tell you when the job is done, so its definitely worthwhile. He is also extremely knowledgable with mtb's, not just roadies and commuter bikes, so your bike is in safe hands

I've known him for years, soundest guy ever, young too, so super easy to get along with!

Posted: Mar 23, 2011 at 13:54 Quote
Alpine bikes all have cytech qualified mechanics to atleast level 2 i think edinburugh has a level 3 mechanic

Posted: Mar 23, 2011 at 13:55 Quote
hardtaildh08 wrote:
Alpine bikes all have cytech qualified mechanics to atleast level 2 i think edinburugh has a level 3 mechanic

But the shop sucks! Its empty, there's no vibe, no banter. How exactly do you know they have a Cytech qualified guy in Edinburgh, cause I know (someone I know was looking into it) that they didn't even have a mechanic a couple weeks ago!

Posted: Mar 23, 2011 at 14:01 Quote
domino0 wrote:
hardtaildh08 wrote:

But the shop sucks! Its empty, there's no vibe, no banter. How exactly do you know they have a Cytech qualified guy in Edinburgh, cause I know (someone I know was looking into it) that they didn't even have a mechanic a couple weeks ago!

because every alpine bikes shop has a cytech qualified mechanic and even if they didnt have a mechanic the manager will be able to do the majority of mechanical things.

Posted: Mar 23, 2011 at 14:06 Quote
domino0 wrote:
Up in Bruntsfield, best mechanic in Edinburgh if not Scotland, hands down, his name is James, opened up the shop solely to service bikes, doesn't sell them or any accessories (other than parts) or gear.

Carl at Bikelove in Glasgow wins Wink Razz

Not that that info helps you guys at all...

Posted: Mar 23, 2011 at 14:15 Quote
hardtaildh08 wrote:
domino0 wrote:
hardtaildh08 wrote:

because every alpine bikes shop has a cytech qualified mechanic and even if they didnt have a mechanic the manager will be able to do the majority of mechanical things.

The main reason I say alpine is that I have some vouchers and tbh what I'm asking to be done isn't the most complicated job ever, really I'm not too bothered about vibe just getting my bike sorted! Thanks for all the advice I'll be considering it in the future!

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.025193
Mobile Version of Website