Official Scottish Biking Thread

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Official Scottish Biking Thread
Posted: Mar 26, 2013 at 16:22 Quote
Alright lads, I got a query, I assume loads of you like me make the trip to Fort William for the world cup in June, are the rumours about the tyre pit true?

Posted: Mar 26, 2013 at 16:23 Quote
What are the rumours?

Posted: Mar 26, 2013 at 16:24 Quote
yeah don;t go in there you'll get raped

wait what rumors? lol

Posted: Mar 26, 2013 at 16:29 Quote
Word is that there is a pit somewhere near the event village where all the teams chuck tyres that have only had one or two runs on them, my friend swears he got a set of High Rollers one year and it's not till now that I've begun to question how easy it would be for me to get a free set myself

Posted: Mar 26, 2013 at 16:29 Quote
CameronRose wrote:
Word is that there is a pit somewhere near the village where all the teams chuck tyres that have only had one or two runs on them, my friend swears he got a set of High Rollers one year and it's not till now that I've begun to question how easy it would be for me to get a free set myself

sounds like a plan

Posted: Mar 26, 2013 at 16:32 Quote
Angryham wrote:
CameronRose wrote:
Word is that there is a pit somewhere near the village where all the teams chuck tyres that have only had one or two runs on them, my friend swears he got a set of High Rollers one year and it's not till now that I've begun to question how easy it would be for me to get a free set myself

sounds like a plan
thats what I thought, apparently if you have time to dig around you can pick up all sorts

Posted: Mar 26, 2013 at 16:40 Quote
Yeah sure.... here it is;

Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://images.tribe.net/tribe/upload/photo/246/822/24682210-69cc-4e03-81c0-8e447a360104
Sorry, not buying that. All I can picture is WC team managers queuing up to chuck their tyres into a secret pit in the woods hoping nobody finds them? Or if it's not meant to be secret then a pit where people scarper to like rats to food in a bid to get the best tyres before others?

Posted: Mar 26, 2013 at 16:45 Quote
Yeah, I find both sides just as believable, I want to believe I can get the classic something for nothing however, it doesn't seem logical. Also just remembered half the teams sell used tires for next to nothing, ahh it shall be deemed a bs rumour

Posted: Mar 27, 2013 at 1:42 Quote
They'll just be selling them for buttons like other years is my guess.

Posted: Mar 27, 2013 at 4:06 Quote
Pretty sure the teams sell all the used tyres for dirt cheap, like fiver/tenner for a pair.

Posted: Mar 27, 2013 at 4:20 Quote
I'm pretty sure there is a secret pagan tyre burying ceremony that takes place deep in the forest...

Posted: Mar 27, 2013 at 9:33 Quote
£10 for a pair is a steal anyway

O+
Posted: Mar 27, 2013 at 14:00 Quote
Anybody know where i can get a pawl spring/retainer for my halo spin doctor pro? Cant find one any where!

Also anyone been to glentress recently, what like is it?

O+
Posted: Mar 27, 2013 at 14:05 Quote
Glentress and inners are both unridable once you head up the hill a bit.

http://youtu.be/0DpS5Rs27to

O+
Posted: Mar 27, 2013 at 14:08 Quote
Dam! Im guessing most places are gunna be pritty unridable Frown

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.018957
Mobile Version of Website