Official Scottish Biking Thread

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Official Scottish Biking Thread
Posted: Mar 16, 2013 at 2:04 Quote
anybody know the snow situation at glendanger? thinking about going tomorrow

Posted: Mar 16, 2013 at 11:25 Quote
I'm going to Giggleswick from the 5th to the 12th of April and planning on bringing the bike. Anyone ever gone riding in or around that area? Its right in the Yorkshire Dales so the riding must be half decent?

Posted: Mar 16, 2013 at 12:07 Quote
Aye, but mate, it's in England...

Posted: Mar 26, 2013 at 16:22 Quote
Alright lads, I got a query, I assume loads of you like me make the trip to Fort William for the world cup in June, are the rumours about the tyre pit true?

Posted: Mar 26, 2013 at 16:23 Quote
What are the rumours?

Posted: Mar 26, 2013 at 16:24 Quote
yeah don;t go in there you'll get raped

wait what rumors? lol

Posted: Mar 26, 2013 at 16:29 Quote
Word is that there is a pit somewhere near the event village where all the teams chuck tyres that have only had one or two runs on them, my friend swears he got a set of High Rollers one year and it's not till now that I've begun to question how easy it would be for me to get a free set myself

Posted: Mar 26, 2013 at 16:29 Quote
CameronRose wrote:
Word is that there is a pit somewhere near the village where all the teams chuck tyres that have only had one or two runs on them, my friend swears he got a set of High Rollers one year and it's not till now that I've begun to question how easy it would be for me to get a free set myself

sounds like a plan

Posted: Mar 26, 2013 at 16:32 Quote
Angryham wrote:
CameronRose wrote:
Word is that there is a pit somewhere near the village where all the teams chuck tyres that have only had one or two runs on them, my friend swears he got a set of High Rollers one year and it's not till now that I've begun to question how easy it would be for me to get a free set myself

sounds like a plan
thats what I thought, apparently if you have time to dig around you can pick up all sorts

Posted: Mar 26, 2013 at 16:40 Quote
Yeah sure.... here it is;

Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://images.tribe.net/tribe/upload/photo/246/822/24682210-69cc-4e03-81c0-8e447a360104
Sorry, not buying that. All I can picture is WC team managers queuing up to chuck their tyres into a secret pit in the woods hoping nobody finds them? Or if it's not meant to be secret then a pit where people scarper to like rats to food in a bid to get the best tyres before others?

Posted: Mar 26, 2013 at 16:45 Quote
Yeah, I find both sides just as believable, I want to believe I can get the classic something for nothing however, it doesn't seem logical. Also just remembered half the teams sell used tires for next to nothing, ahh it shall be deemed a bs rumour

Posted: Mar 27, 2013 at 1:42 Quote
They'll just be selling them for buttons like other years is my guess.

Posted: Mar 27, 2013 at 4:06 Quote
Pretty sure the teams sell all the used tyres for dirt cheap, like fiver/tenner for a pair.

Posted: Mar 27, 2013 at 4:20 Quote
I'm pretty sure there is a secret pagan tyre burying ceremony that takes place deep in the forest...

Posted: Mar 27, 2013 at 9:33 Quote
£10 for a pair is a steal anyway

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.035556
Mobile Version of Website