Official Scottish Biking Thread

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Official Scottish Biking Thread
Posted: Feb 27, 2016 at 22:58 Quote
Greensmoke777 wrote:
There is a small collection of trails at beecraigs near bathgate/linlithgow plus at the moment they are building a freeride area with 3 or 4 differant runs down - Maybe about the size of the freeride area at Glenn T. I dont know when they will be open but they are looking good and almost complete,

Happy to show you around anytime pending the mending of my broken elbow! Smile

Here is a wee vid of some of the trails at beecraigs:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_8mw2oKlB-E

You actually take dh bikes to Beecraigs?! :-)

The place used to have loads of tricky natural rough wild stuff, shame if that's all gone in favour of these smooth gravel paths.

Posted: Feb 27, 2016 at 23:00 Quote
shbell23 wrote:
glasgowdan wrote:
Mauldslie has trails, up and down tinto hill, carron valley (crap), cambusbarron, cathkin (crap), Ae is an hour away, beecraigs. Midweek is tricky in this area

What's Cambusbarron like?

Cambu is a great wee forest, i could spend an hour or two doing various laps and get a few different descents and technical xc riding in. Need to go back soon, bombhole rhodie is my favourite bit!

Posted: Feb 28, 2016 at 8:29 Quote
glasgowdan wrote:
Greensmoke777 wrote:
There is a small collection of trails at beecraigs near bathgate/linlithgow plus at the moment they are building a freeride area with 3 or 4 differant runs down - Maybe about the size of the freeride area at Glenn T. I dont know when they will be open but they are looking good and almost complete,

The place used to have loads of tricky natural rough wild stuff, shame if that's all gone in favour of these smooth gravel paths.

the original stuff still exists, various other lines have come and gone. but all the new gravel paths- although i do not agree with all of them they are in addition to the original stuff.

Plus new bike park coming very soon im glad its my local.

Posted: Feb 28, 2016 at 12:05 Quote
Thanks Guys

I know there is plenty out there. I'll just have to put in a bit of extra effort in getting out and finding it.
Joined a few groups on FB, hopefully that'll improve my options.

Posted: Feb 29, 2016 at 2:54 Quote
Greensmoke777 wrote:
glasgowdan wrote:
Greensmoke777 wrote:

the original stuff still exists, various other lines have come and gone. but all the new gravel paths- although i do not agree with all of them they are in addition to the original stuff.

Any info on the bike park? I'm based in Bo'ness but currently considering getting a slopebike for messing round on, this sounds perfect.

Posted: Feb 29, 2016 at 10:58 Quote
Not really Scottish related but why are people valueing their AM mountain bikes that are 2 years old at only 2-300 quid less than a new one with bigger wheels just by adding Enduro in the title...when I was slashing 1500 off my dh rig after a year...do these people even sell their bikes? Saw a 2012 Nukeproof am for a grand...only dropeed 500 quid in 4 years...called it an enduro bike...people need to get a grip!!!

Posted: Feb 29, 2016 at 12:13 Quote
shoefanu wrote:
Greensmoke777 wrote:
glasgowdan wrote:

Any info on the bike park? I'm based in Bo'ness but currently considering getting a slopebike for messing round on, this sounds perfect.

I dont know official details but it was subbed out to a contracter and the thing is like 90% built - although there is no access at thte moment they have strategicaly blocked it all off with logs etc.

Right up your street bud its berms and kickers everything from 2ft to around 12ft with hips and transfers and ahhhhh..... all good stuff Smile

Take it no more changes on the white lady trails thing in boness? last I seen everything got flattend last spring by loggers.

Posted: Feb 29, 2016 at 12:25 Quote
shoefanu wrote:
Greensmoke777 wrote:
glasgowdan wrote:

The Skills area is suppose to open around Easter, has some nice looking jumps on it and a scary north shore section

O+
Posted: Feb 29, 2016 at 13:20 Quote
theczech wrote:
Not really Scottish related but why are people valueing their AM mountain bikes that are 2 years old at only 2-300 quid less than a new one with bigger wheels just by adding Enduro in the title...when I was slashing 1500 off my dh rig after a year...do these people even sell their bikes? Saw a 2012 Nukeproof am for a grand...only dropeed 500 quid in 4 years...called it an enduro bike...people need to get a grip!!!

They are selling I've been noticing it too, the demand is much higher for enduro bikes

Posted: Feb 29, 2016 at 13:30 Quote
wow- a 1700 page Scottish biking thread; tremendous, who would have knownlol

Posted: Mar 1, 2016 at 4:18 Quote
Anyone with much experience riding the Dunkeld area? Considering entering the Scottish Enduro Series race there the week after next. Want to make sure it's a worthwhile visit before dropping 50 buck!

Also is there a website / an photos of the Boness bike park - sounds interesting!!

O+
Posted: Mar 1, 2016 at 4:19 Quote
shbell23 wrote:
Anyone with much experience riding the Dunkeld area? Considering entering the Scottish Enduro Series race there the week after next. Want to make sure it's a worthwhile visit before dropping 50 buck!

Also is there a website / an photos of the Boness bike park - sounds interesting!!

Hey man, riding around Dunkeld is awesome. Just drop into Progression Bikes in Dunkeld and they'll point you in the right direction.

Unfortunately the race is sold out and has been for a couple of weeks. The Scottish enduros tend to sell out before the event, so I'd recommend entering early!

Posted: Mar 1, 2016 at 4:30 Quote
whitetux wrote:
shbell23 wrote:

Hey man, riding around Dunkeld is awesome. Just drop into Progression Bikes in Dunkeld and they'll point you in the right direction.

Unfortunately the race is sold out and has been for a couple of weeks. The Scottish enduros tend to sell out before the event, so I'd recommend entering early!

Hey mate, cheers for the response - its letting me sign up just now Smile

You've inspired me to enter!!

O+
Posted: Mar 1, 2016 at 4:46 Quote
shbell23 wrote:

The stuff in Dunkeld in perhaps some of the best in the uk there are massive amount of building going on over the last few years and there are massive amounts of very high quality trails

Posted: Mar 1, 2016 at 9:10 Quote
You can quite often get on the day entries at the SES races. It is a bit of a gamble though.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.022612
Mobile Version of Website