Official Scottish Biking Thread

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Official Scottish Biking Thread
Posted: Mar 21, 2016 at 16:00 Quote
weedane97 wrote:
Cracking weekend at ae for my first ever sda!! Came 53rd with 2:41.02 so pretty happy with that! Defo up for inners! Great to meet so many happy folk that speak to you and help you out! Track was brilliant and only had one major crash into a tree in the woods after the right hander where i got running sweet and took my eyes off the track on the straight haha! My hand hit a tree, its puffed up, broused like mad and wrist is wore to move! Many folk say its broke or cracked but i managed both races runs with a painful hand after trying to shake it about for 2hrs up top probably looked strange from everyone elses point of view. Nice meeting a few of yous and probably met others who i dont realise i met off here! Race card 117, green voltage with single crowns and i wear specks if that helps identify myself! See yous at inners!!!

Think I met you, thanks for bringing Corey's bike down if you hadn't have done that we wouldn't have know he broke his wrist, thanks again hope to see you at ae Big Grin

Posted: Mar 21, 2016 at 16:30 Quote
You did well for your first race, I was talking to you in the queue at the top whilst we were waiting for our runs. Was good to ride in nice weather for a change.

Posted: Mar 22, 2016 at 1:15 Quote
ronanwhitts wrote:
weedane97 wrote:
Cracking weekend at ae for my first ever sda!! Came 53rd with 2:41.02 so pretty happy with that! Defo up for inners! Great to meet so many happy folk that speak to you and help you out! Track was brilliant and only had one major crash into a tree in the woods after the right hander where i got running sweet and took my eyes off the track on the straight haha! My hand hit a tree, its puffed up, broused like mad and wrist is wore to move! Many folk say its broke or cracked but i managed both races runs with a painful hand after trying to shake it about for 2hrs up top probably looked strange from everyone elses point of view. Nice meeting a few of yous and probably met others who i dont realise i met off here! Race card 117, green voltage with single crowns and i wear specks if that helps identify myself! See yous at inners!!!

Think I met you, thanks for bringing Corey's bike down if you hadn't have done that we wouldn't have know he broke his wrist, thanks again hope to see you at ae Big Grin
no problem just was helping hairy-g out and knew that the bike was from your tent! See you at inners!

Posted: Mar 22, 2016 at 1:18 Quote
EuanBisset145 wrote:
You did well for your first race, I was talking to you in the queue at the top whilst we were waiting for our runs. Was good to ride in nice weather for a change.
oh hello!! Gear box guy!! Oh yeah i know exactly who you are nice meeting you and yeah i am pretty happy With my time maybe a bit faster would of been good if my hand wasnt painful but these things happen! Probably see you again if your entering other sda races as our names are close d and e

Posted: Mar 24, 2016 at 17:28 Quote
weedane97 wrote:
EuanBisset145 wrote:
oh hello!! Gear box guy!! Oh yeah i know exactly who you are nice meeting you and yeah i am pretty happy With my time maybe a bit faster would of been good if my hand wasnt painful but these things happen! Probably see you again if your entering other sda races as our names are close d and e
You;ll probably get seeded from now on i'd imagine.

Posted: Mar 25, 2016 at 6:19 Quote
hairy-g wrote:
weedane97 wrote:
EuanBisset145 wrote:
You;ll probably get seeded from now on i'd imagine.

Yeah they do 1st round by board number then the other races are seeded by your standing in the overall

Posted: Mar 30, 2016 at 11:54 Quote
Anyone ridden Braefoot in the last few months? Not been over in probably a couple of years, wondering if its even worth the trip. There were some big jumps being put in when I was last there, don't know if they ever got finished? I know its really not far from Edinburgh but I'm lazy and if I'm hopping on the train, I could just go across to Stirling and ride Cambusbarron instead

Posted: Mar 31, 2016 at 5:34 Quote
HyperSquirrel wrote:
Anyone ridden Braefoot in the last few months? Not been over in probably a couple of years, wondering if its even worth the trip. There were some big jumps being put in when I was last there, don't know if they ever got finished? I know its really not far from Edinburgh but I'm lazy and if I'm hopping on the train, I could just go across to Stirling and ride Cambusbarron instead

There's still plenty there to ride, however there has been some trouble with people vandalizing the trails. I've added you to a Braefoot facebook group dude so you can get up to date info.

Posted: Mar 31, 2016 at 6:49 Quote
sam-stanfield wrote:
HyperSquirrel wrote:

There's still plenty there to ride, however there has been some trouble with people vandalizing the trails. I've added you to a Braefoot facebook group dude so you can get up to date info.
Yeah thanks for that! Looks like it could be worthy of a train ride, shame about the big jumps though. Hopefully the vandals get caught and don't up their game otherwise it could get dangerous

Posted: Mar 31, 2016 at 7:09 Quote
We will catch them....and they will get their c#nts kicked! Meantime we are encouraging people to park away from woods i.e on road/carpark at Braefoot terminal...as to iradicate one theory why they might be getting wrecked!

Posted: Apr 6, 2016 at 21:58 Quote
mariner229 wrote:
Loch long DH track on the mod land.( I won't broadcast its exact position :tupSmile

Anyone off here been building them, looks like a bit of recent work put into it.

I be happy to meet up and build when ever.

Theyre users of this forum on occasion

Posted: Apr 25, 2016 at 14:45 Quote
Another great weekend at sda at inners! First time av been to inners but ill be back pretty soon! Came 59/74 with a time of 3:54, nice meeting another load of yous and also good to speak to others that were at ae! Defo up for riding the whole season and meeting even more folk! I have a green single crown voltage and had the number 117 if that rings any bells! Bring on Glencoe! I heard something about sailfoot/Moffat might not be happening and it might be moving to fort William! Any details on that?

Posted: Apr 26, 2016 at 1:18 Quote
Or Glencoe...think someone has bought a cottage on the land and is objecting..which is a shame. Thats just what I'd heard tho didn't ask any of the sda guys.

Posted: May 5, 2016 at 11:47 Quote
Heading down south at the weekend and looking for somewhere to ride to break the journey. Have heard Dumyat is meant to be good an is en route, was wondering how rad it is and also how long it takes to ride? Cheers.

Posted: May 5, 2016 at 12:52 Quote
dingus wrote:
Heading down south at the weekend and looking for somewhere to ride to break the journey. Have heard Dumyat is meant to be good an is en route, was wondering how rad it is and also how long it takes to ride? Cheers.
Its not a long ride. Its been a while since I was there but probably about 2 hours to do the loop from down by Mine Woods, I've only been on group rides so its hard to judge normal pace. Might depend how fast you're going and how much of the last bit of uphill you ride versus pushing. The view is awesome from the top and there's some nice bits of trail both up in the open and lower down in the woods and a few line choices throughout. Ridden it twice and really enjoyed it both times tup

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.025984
Mobile Version of Website