Official Scottish Biking Thread

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Official Scottish Biking Thread
Posted: Mar 10, 2017 at 12:10 Quote
Any builders out there have any tips for getting through peaty/boggy ground. I have found a cracker of a spot, great pitch, naturally undulating unfortunately the ground is quite wet. I went up today with a digging hoe and a Mcleod rake but I don't these are the right tools for the job. Maybe a garden rake and a shovel will be the way to go.

Posted: Mar 11, 2017 at 14:48 Quote
wee-eck wrote:
Any builders out there have any tips for getting through peaty/boggy ground. I have found a cracker of a spot, great pitch, naturally undulating unfortunately the ground is quite wet. I went up today with a digging hoe and a Mcleod rake but I don't these are the right tools for the job. Maybe a garden rake and a shovel will be the way to go.

Could dig a test pit as it were and see how far down the base rock is? Done it in the past when helping dig a track in for a race, had to get through about 16" of peat but it was worth it in the end

Posted: Mar 11, 2017 at 15:54 Quote
Ae uplift hasn't been running for atleast a year now i think, due to insurance or something, but is, inners the same or is there an up lift running there?

Posted: Mar 11, 2017 at 22:59 Quote
weedane97 wrote:
Ae uplift hasn't been running for atleast a year now i think, due to insurance or something, but is, inners the same or is there an up lift running there?

Uplift Scotlands up for sale

Posted: Mar 12, 2017 at 0:41 Quote
burnbag93 wrote:
weedane97 wrote:

It is still getting ran until the deal has been filly sorted. There was a couple of issues to do with uplift at Ae which are being resolved. They operate most weeks at Inners but theres a lot of this month at Inners so they are repairing the bus this month. All updates on facebook!

O+
Posted: Mar 12, 2017 at 8:46 Quote
burnbag93 wrote:
weedane97 wrote:

And the tender is also up for renewal with the Commission soon

Posted: Mar 12, 2017 at 9:13 Quote
Medacus wrote:
burnbag93 wrote:
weedane97 wrote:

And the tender is also up for renewal with the Commission soon

Was that not the reason for sale? Tender was up and the guy wanted someone else to take charge

Posted: Mar 13, 2017 at 0:03 Quote
Could dig a test pit as it were and see how far down the base rock is? Done it in the past when helping dig a track in for a race, had to get through about 16" of peat but it was worth it in the end[/Quote]

Nice one. Thanks.

Posted: Mar 20, 2017 at 16:47 Quote
Just signed up for my first ever enduro race at Pitfichie next month. Any idea how much distance the races usually cover & how much time spent cycling?

O+
Posted: Mar 21, 2017 at 2:07 Quote
Normally between 25-35km each day with around 1000m of climbing on each day, so the time taken to complete it varies a lot between each person

Posted: Mar 22, 2017 at 10:21 Quote
Great to see and speak to many of you again at the first round of the sda at the weekend there! New bike performed well, me on the other half liked playing in the mud a bit too much, hope to see more of you at inners and get in dry for some decent nightlife! Is inners uplift running Friday-saturday-sunday? Most weekends? £35?? Also is there anywhere to wash your bike at inners? Like a shop or somewhere in town?

Posted: Mar 22, 2017 at 10:36 Quote
I-Cycles have a hose but I don't know if they'd let you just rock up and wash your bike, but maybe you can pay to use it. You can dook them in the river though and if you bring a bucket and a brush you'd be able to do a thorough enough job there.

Posted: Mar 22, 2017 at 10:38 Quote
I thought they were a bit fussy about you washing bikes in the river? I remember at SDA's in the past they've said not to but people still do haha, mind there's a stream in the car park

Posted: Mar 22, 2017 at 10:53 Quote
Yeah cheers, i sleep with my bike in the car with me so id prefer to have a clean bike beside me so everything doesn't get dirty

Posted: Mar 22, 2017 at 12:36 Quote
Na it's not been running at all..hopefully will be soon but there's nothing on the callander unfortunately!

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.021476
Mobile Version of Website