Official Scottish Biking Thread

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Official Scottish Biking Thread
| Next Page
Posted: May 7, 2019 at 23:27 Quote
jackmiller123 wrote:
Looking for a forum or something where possible holidays could be sorted to bike parks around Europe. i dont have any friends that do downhill or bike park style stuff but group holidays usually end up cheaper. im Aberdeen based but that doesnt really matter. cheers.
There's a good "morzine les gets" forum, just search it in the forum bar at the top

Posted: May 19, 2019 at 12:30 Quote
Hi folks,

I'm headed to Edinburgh for a conference in June and have the 22nd set aside for some biking. I won't have a car, but could probably grab one if needed.

I browsed this thread a bit to see what advice had already been given. https://www.progressionbikesscotland.com looks awesome, but is about an hour away. Are there any similar shops/services that run out of Edinburgh itself?

Preferred biking would just be something that gives the Scottish experience - whatever that may be. If I thought I could make Ft Bill, I'd happily ride an iconic park, but I can otherwise ride enough park while at home.

Thanks all! Looking forward to visiting!

Posted: May 20, 2019 at 3:20 Quote
Layman wrote:
Hi folks,

I'm headed to Edinburgh for a conference in June and have the 22nd set aside for some biking. I won't have a car, but could probably grab one if needed.

I browsed this thread a bit to see what advice had already been given. https://www.progressionbikesscotland.com looks awesome, but is about an hour away. Are there any similar shops/services that run out of Edinburgh itself?

Preferred biking would just be something that gives the Scottish experience - whatever that may be. If I thought I could make Ft Bill, I'd happily ride an iconic park, but I can otherwise ride enough park while at home.

Thanks all! Looking forward to visiting!

Hey mate!

I have just passed my Level 2 MTB guiding qualification and have, this weekend, gone through the 3 day training for level 3 (the highest possible in the UK).

Im looking to take people out to sharpen my craft etc so this sounds like a good opportunity for both of us. Drop me an email at stuartrossmeldrum@gmail.com and we can chat about it. No pressure, always good to get out with a fellow rider either way!

P.S. I know good options for bike rental.

Posted: May 20, 2019 at 19:35 Quote
stoo61 wrote:
Hey mate!

I have just passed my Level 2 MTB guiding qualification and have, this weekend, gone through the 3 day training for level 3 (the highest possible in the UK).

Im looking to take people out to sharpen my craft etc so this sounds like a good opportunity for both of us. Drop me an email at stuartrossmeldrum@gmail.com and we can chat about it. No pressure, always good to get out with a fellow rider either way!

P.S. I know good options for bike rental.

Fantastic! Dropping you an email now. Thanks!

Posted: Aug 4, 2019 at 16:07 Quote
Glencoe Black is running wild better get those entries in for the Scottish champs on the 24/25 August

Posted: Sep 23, 2019 at 13:09 Quote
Has anyone posted a bike from Scotland to Ireland (Dublin) before? If so what courier did you use?

Posted: Oct 15, 2019 at 4:52 Quote
Anyone ridden the Rudder or Crows Nest at Dunkeld recently? Says they're quite overgrown as of August on trailforks, was wondering if they're worth riding?

Posted: Oct 16, 2019 at 5:28 Quote
dingus wrote:
Anyone ridden the Rudder or Crows Nest at Dunkeld recently? Says they're quite overgrown as of August on trailforks, was wondering if they're worth riding?

Very overgrown a few weeks back. Shins and forearms bleeding from the gorse bushes lol

Posted: Oct 16, 2019 at 11:26 Quote
Can also vouch for them being in need of a good cutting back.

Posted: Oct 16, 2019 at 11:30 Quote
That's a bummer.

Posted: Oct 17, 2019 at 8:15 Quote
What's the best trails atm on the Downhill side at Dunkeld? Probably going there tomorrow.

Posted: Oct 17, 2019 at 10:21 Quote
dingus wrote:
What's the best trails atm on the Downhill side at Dunkeld? Probably going there tomorrow.

Let us know what the general nick of the trails are at the moment. Heading there on Saturday with the uni club

Posted: Oct 17, 2019 at 11:06 Quote
Rode the rudder today and it was every bit as spikey as the guys said it was, wouldn't bother with those trails. Rake and Ruin is running pretty well apart from one super rutted corner. Electric Beaver was good, just a few big puddles. Did a few bits on Atholl hill and they were all OK.

| Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.013556
Mobile Version of Website