Marzocchi 888 stuck at 6" of travel. Any suggestions?

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
Marzocchi 888 stuck at 6" of travel. Any suggestions?
  • Previous Page
Posted: Oct 23, 2007 at 12:56 Quote
i have a marzocchi 888 on my specialized big hit 3. there is currently something wrong with the fork because it is stuck at 6in of travel instead of 8in. if you know how to ajust this please comment back. or send me a message through here.

O+ FL
Posted: Oct 23, 2007 at 14:11 Quote
is it stuck down 2in or is it not getting the last 2 in of travel? If its stuck down try losening your crown bolts as your forks could be twisted if this dosnt work take it into the shop. If its not getting the last 2in of travel it could be that the comression is to high(this is if you have adjustable compression) if that doesnt work take it to the shop.

Posted: Oct 23, 2007 at 14:12 Quote
How bout mentioning which 888 you have.

Posted: Oct 26, 2007 at 16:52 Quote
The best option is to go to a local bike shop and get them to rebuild them. It will cast a small price but when you get your forks back they'll feel good as new depening on the bike shop you go to. They will usually also tell you what was wrong with them.

Posted: Nov 23, 2007 at 11:18 Quote
o justin i didnt kno that...ask jake Pimp

Posted: Nov 23, 2007 at 11:33 Quote
Has the fork been in short travel the whole time you have had it? There is a way to change the travel on some zokes. I have never seen a 888 stick down but you could have too much oil stopping the fork from compressing properly. Some more info would help us solve your problem but so would a pro mech. Has somebody been working on the fork, did you get it new or used? which 888

Posted: Nov 23, 2007 at 12:02 Quote
Agreed, we'll need a little more info (year and damping system would help) Is it stuck down or are you just not getting the proper amount of travel? Are they new, used, etc...

Posted: Nov 23, 2007 at 12:17 Quote
Off topic completely but I gotta know. Do you people urban freeride in Central Park? every time I see pictures or vids it looks wicked old stone walls boulders and stuff or is it just not possible because of cops or crime?

Posted: Nov 23, 2007 at 12:41 Quote
2oldschool wrote:
Off topic completely but I gotta know. Do you people urban freeride in Central Park? every time I see pictures or vids it looks wicked old stone walls boulders and stuff or is it just not possible because of cops or crime?

Officially? - Riding in central park is mega illegal, and not tolerated by NY parks department or the NYPD. Getting caught can lead to jail time and having your bike confiscatedJail .

Unoffically? - Give the shop a ring if you're ever in the neighborhood Jailbreak .
tup

Posted: Nov 23, 2007 at 13:09 Quote
i know a guy who has an 07 888ATA and it was stuck at 6in. of travel (stuck down) he replaced the air cartridge (he's a bike mechanic and owns my LBS) and that fubared it more so it was stuck at 4in. he pulled it apart and rebuilt it again, again with a new air cartridge (both of which covered by warrenty) and it now works perfectly with 8in. of travel. just bring it into your LBS and have 'em rebuild it. try to see if it can be covered under warrenty so you don't have to pay for it.

Posted: Nov 23, 2007 at 13:12 Quote
if its the ata 888, there is a known problem with the cartridges on all ata marzocchi forks. Send it in.

Posted: Nov 23, 2007 at 13:15 Quote
Yea theres not much to do in CTP cause the cops come every time. i have numerous police citations, and now the cops have segway scooters, so they catch me every time i run. theres some mediocre shit there though

Posted: Nov 23, 2007 at 13:30 Quote
holy crap! segways go that fast? i hope youre on a single speed.......

Posted: Nov 26, 2007 at 11:50 Quote
I guess you could call a cop an SOS swine on segway

Posted: Nov 27, 2007 at 9:04 Quote
being caught by someone on a segway sounds more then humiliating, a quick google reveals the top speed of a segway is 12.5mph, twice walking speed. That's like cruising speed on a bike!

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.008860
Mobile Version of Website