How hard is it to switch cassete/freewheel sides?

PB Forum :: BMX (20")
How hard is it to switch cassete/freewheel sides?
  • Previous Page
Posted: Aug 16, 2008 at 11:53 Quote
Like if you had your Cassete on the right side and for some reason wanted to switch to the left hand side, how hard is that?

Posted: Aug 16, 2008 at 12:23 Quote
It cannot be done, you need to buy a new hub.

Posted: Aug 16, 2008 at 12:28 Quote
brodieryda wrote:
It cannot be done, you need to buy a new hub.
it can be done one of the eastern hubs the bidirectional can run lhd or rhd all you have to do is flip the pawls ans springs round

Posted: Aug 17, 2008 at 6:27 Quote
Well, that is one cassette out of how many out right now? Plus, this guy didn't tell us too much about what his current set-up is either.

Posted: Aug 17, 2008 at 6:38 Quote
Shilling wrote:
Like if you had your Cassete on the right side and for some reason wanted to switch to the left hand side, how hard is that?

what dumb thread. why do you even want to know that? and im pretty sure it would be impossible with disc hubs?

Posted: Aug 17, 2008 at 6:59 Quote
jamiejamiejam wrote:
Shilling wrote:

what dumb thread. why do you even want to know that? and im pretty sure it would be impossible with disc hubs?

lol ironic

Posted: Aug 17, 2008 at 7:04 Quote
eisernes wrote:
flip it around Wink

to bad u cant fit the disc calliper on the other side unless u welded urself new holes to mount it 2

Posted: Aug 17, 2008 at 7:05 Quote
ron-burgundy wrote:
jamiejamiejam wrote:
Shilling wrote:

lol ironic

your 10, shutup. i missed the letter a as i was typing fast. and if you werent stupid you would know that by the way i wrote disc hubs i meant disc compatible hubs...

Posted: Aug 17, 2008 at 7:06 Quote
too bad bmxes don't have disc mountsRolleyes

and to you no one was saying anything about your spelling so your still oblivious to your mistake...

Posted: Aug 17, 2008 at 7:12 Quote
i know a guy that did it on his bmx, i guess yuo just have to put ur bb in the wrong way , and turn yuor rear wheele around, so the gears face to the left. this woul also make directional tires be on bakwards , so you would want to flip the araound to .

Posted: Aug 17, 2008 at 7:12 Quote
ron-burgundy wrote:
too bad bmxes don't have disc mountsRolleyes

and to you no one was saying anything about your spelling so your still oblivious to your mistake...

no one? you talk as if theres mroe than one person talking to me? theres not. its only you.

Posted: Aug 17, 2008 at 7:13 Quote
brandyn16 wrote:
i know a guy that did it on his bmx, i guess yuo just have to put ur bb in the wrong way , and turn yuor rear wheele around, so the gears face to the left. this woul also make directional tires be on bakwards , so you would want to flip the araound to .

pretty much what i said just way shorter Wink Wink Wink Wink

Posted: Aug 17, 2008 at 7:14 Quote
if you wanted to do it on mtb , i guess yuo would do all the same , however you have to go single speed , and you coul not use disk brakes , v brakes would still work tho

Posted: Aug 17, 2008 at 7:15 Quote
eisernes wrote:
brandyn16 wrote:

pretty much what i said just way shorter Wink Wink Wink Wink

i like to sound like i kbow what im talking aboutWink

• Previous Page

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.010190
Mobile Version of Website